• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Wrapping Classes?

czar2178

I wanted people's opinions or experience or thoughts on if I should take a car wrapping class at the SGIA show this year?

First, I don't and have never done car wrapping I always sub them out but I DO print all the designs, I would keep doing this but the installers are not reliable and turn around time is terrible. I have been doing a lot more installs with a wide array of signs but never bothered trying to wrap honestly.

What I really wanted to know is that if these classes would benefit me in anyway assuming I know nothing about installing (which i do but not car wrapping in specific lol) The class price is not a concern to me as its cheap but my time is not. If anyone has taken these classes or something similar please chime in because I really am torn weather to do this or not. I will mostly likely be in New Orleans for the show anyways but will stay an extra day if I decide on taking the car wrap class.

thanks in advance for any comments

papabud

Lone Wolf
its always a good idea no mater what your job is to know what happens before you and after you
helps you do your job better

fresh

my partner took the avery class with Justin Pate and learned a ton. We would recommend it. But SKIP the design class, it was worthless.

CL Visual

Take the beginner Avery class. That will be a great start. Spend the time at the show learning about material and equipment rather than taking a class there. Avery is releasing the 2018 schedule at Sema this year. If you want to make a trip, we are hosting a class here on Long Island for Avery taught by justin pate. It's next Thursday and Friday.

GB2

Old Member
PM sent. I would be interested in finding out more info about your class, I might like to attend if that is possible. Thanks!

ExecuPrintGS

The avery wrap classes are awesome. i took the digital films class in green bay a few months back and it was great. I wish it was a day longer but all of the info and hands on tips was priceless. Im a big fan of the wrap institute and getting to work hands on with justin and picking his brain was great.

Dan360

I took the 3M 3 day course and it covered a lot more than just vehicle wraps such as walls, windows, dealing with rivets, and a lot more. The thing I found is that you'll get as much as you put into it. Ask a lot of questions and get as many tips from the pros while you're there.

I still want to take an Avery class on top of it to see it all from a different perspective.