• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carbon Fiber Fills

Vicg

Ok Who sells the cleanest nicest most realistic hi res carbon fiber fills?
Thanks Vic

MikePro

can make your own, rly. just a buncha rectangles with gradients.
google it... there's instructionals how to make carbon fiber in illustrator/photoshop.

Vicg

If we had time we would attempt it but at this point we are swamped and id rather buy something that works.

DRamm76

I usually go on google. Type in what I'm looking for and change the image size to large and snag them there..I've never not been able to find what I need that way.

Vicg

i agree but this will be stretched to about 15' so i really need vector or hi res. i'd love to purchase the di-noc for this project but it would probably cost $3000. in just material.

Vicg

Just sent them an email to find out how large it will get before it distorts , im doing a trailer for a company that makes carbon fiber components so i need it to look real.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A seamless texture tile is a repeating pattern. The intended use is to step and repeat it to the size desired rather than to enlarge it. With this approach there is no distortion of loss of resolution and the quality is exceptional. The tile has a pixel dimension of 3,600 x 3,600 pixels. Thus at a print resolution of 300 DPI it measures 12" x 12" or at 72 DPI it measures 50" x 50".

If, for example, you need the carbon fiber to be 4 feet wide and 2 feet high, you would step and repeat the original 4 times horizontally and twice vertically to arrive at the desired size at 300 DPI. The following image illustrates what I am describing. It shows a 2 x 4 tiling with the final tile about to be placed in the sequence.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PASTT-Tiled-Graphic.gif
    PASTT-Tiled-Graphic.gif
    143.2 KB · Views: 154

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's a carbon fiber of version showing the step and repeat. The small pattern doesn't lend itself to displaying the detail very well at this size.

attachment.php

Attachments

• carbon fiber 2x4.jpg
    carbon fiber 2x4.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 128