Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carbon fiber film supplier ?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by watchdaride, May 22, 2012.

1. watchdaride

watchdaride Member

Dec 20, 2008
    orlando fl
    Where is a good supplier that stocks carbon fiber film . Proveer and a couple suppliers near me dont stock it?

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Guys I got the KK label carbon fiber which is a high performance calendared film but man they have alot of colors that look so sweet, Im going to wrap my boat in black carbon fiber then do the lettering in the white carbon. If you need pricing or want a sample book let me know.

3. ozlandJon

ozlandJon New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    We have used everything from DiNoc, Scotch Print, KK, Chinese Knocks, Oracal, Helix and the best is from a small shop that imports fresh rolls daily from Japan. It's a non branded material but it has better texture than DiNoc and the thickness and conformability that surpasses Scotch Print 1080. It's air channel tech is amazing. The shrink rate is some what higher but thats real the only disadvantage.

The big upside is that it's cheap and comes in 60" rolls and multiple Carbon Colors.

Just hit me up for dealer info.

4. Hexis is available in Jacksonville or through dealers.

5. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Have we not learned anything peoples? 3M1080 isn't new and no it's not cheap and for a reason. Keep in mind that those cheap vinyls will have a permanent adhesive, and from what I've learned from a few older friends... shrinkage is not something to brag about. In other words it will be hell when you try to remove and you WILL be removing allot sooner than you think. Be cheap my friends.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. john1

john1 Guest

I wrapped my gas door lid in the 970 carbon from oracal. Didn't realize it was permanent adhesive until i had to take it off a year later lol

7. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    One could thrive going into business just removing di-noc carbon fiber.

8. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Member

May 6, 2008
    HongKong
    Hi, can you PM me with the dealer or manufacturer info?

9. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Try Proveer again. They should have the new Avery carbon fibre in black and white. I don't have any feedback on how the material is to use, but it looks fantastic!

10. milchad

milchad Member

Jun 24, 2010
  11. worthy1

worthy1 Member

May 24, 2013
    What are you looking to use the carbon fibre for?I would not use anything cheap on a vehicle for the reasons listed above. There are even Auto stores over here now that are selling carbon fibre vinyl in a kit and i would hate to think of how many DIY'ers out there try it and either cant work with it or ruins there paint upon removal. This will then leave them with a foul tast in their mouuth about vehicle wrapping which hurts us all. 3M or Avery all the way.But hey if you are looking to wrap something other then a car then i guess go with whatever....