• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carbon fiber for the hood

LindyM

We recently met with the International Director of sales from 3M, he says that this Di Noc stuff is really taking off oversea for use on cars.

He had a ton of pictures of wood grain, leather, carbon fiber... all on HIGH end italian cars. Unfortunately, there is a distributor on the east coast that secured EXCLUSIVE rights for the entire U.S.

I'll try and find some of those pictures though, they were pretty impressive
that stuff is on global back order for another month !

LindyM

This material is pretty impressive. The look even up close is almost authentic and although its pretty thick and rigid, when heated it conforms very well.

Attachments

• DSC04515.jpg
    DSC04515.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Bennett

Just found out that we will soon be an authorized vendor of DiNoc films and will have them available by the linear foot.

I'll keep you all posted- and yes, I'll be buying a Merchant Membership.

Just found out that we will soon be an authorized vendor of DiNoc films and will have them available by the linear foot.

I'll keep you all posted- and yes, I'll be buying a Merchant Membership.

We just ordered a 10ft x 4ft roll.
Pm me a price on how much you will be selling it at.

I'm doing a roof on a s14 and if this works out I can sell the piss out of it

johnnysigns

I'm looking to redo my interior w/ the Dinoc stuff. The pricing seemed reasonable through 3M, unless I'm missing something.

sghobbies

We installed some of the 3M carbon fiber Di Noc on a GTR today. I was pretty impressed with the conformability, but the texture really seems to suffer from heat and curves. Need some more projects to get a better feel for this stuff.

EmpireGFX.com

I just got a new color chart and this stuff is in it. Comes 60" wide and that would work on most hoods. The little sample in the chart looks good and I am going to ask for a bigger sample. I't part of a line of wrapping cast they have now.
http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=242&tabID=ts
Jimmy
I had my rep send me a sample of the Oracal stuff and it looks a lot better than the DI-NOC stuff.. this has a semi gloss finish to it and really replicates actual carbon fiber a lot better than the dry carbon stuff.

Here's a pic of the sample we got...

Attachments

• CarbonSample.jpg
    CarbonSample.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 107
I had my rep send me a sample of the Oracal stuff and it looks a lot better than the DI-NOC stuff.. this has a semi gloss finish to it and really replicates actual carbon fiber a lot better than the dry carbon stuff.

Here's a pic of the sample we got...

I'm getting a sample tomorrow.. I have a roll of the 3m stuff so i can compare it

G-Artist

F.W.I.W, real carbon fiber is about to be the new asbestos. Take that to the bank.

Anyone working with it should protect their respiratory system the best way they can.

FSM_Kelly

I just ordered an 11yd roll of the Hexis HX30000 cf wrap. Looked great in the advertising pictures. Anyone else have experience with it? I'll post a side by side with the dinoc when it arrives.

The Oracal above looks good too. I'll have to order a sample.

Hopefully with more competing brands the pricing will come down. Dinoc is rediculous.

Oracal has a new dimensional Carbon Fiber Film that looks pretty sweet! Says it has a similar texture to the real deal... Not sure how good it is as it's a new product but i'm trying to get a sample in my hands to see what it's like...

From their website:

"Oracal® Series 975 Carbon Fiber Cast

Introducing NEW ORACAL® Series 975 Carbon Fiber Cast a 5 mil, textured surface film specially developed for interior design, automotive trim and interior/exterior accent restyling. Series 975 features a transparent, solvent-based, repositionable adhesive with exceptional dimensional stability and conformability over uneven, arched, curved and flat surfaces. Available in Black, Brown, Silver-Grey and Anthracite."

*** Just Noticed EmpireGFX & House of Graphics posted about the Oracal stuff... Let us know what you think of the stuff, I'm trying to get my hands on a sample of that myself.***

3m carbon fibra vinyl had a customer cover his audi a3 looks stunning it's expensive but truly eye catching in the uk the roll cost £54 per linear mtr 1200mm width