• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carbon Fiber texture

showcase 66

I have a client that wants a carbon fiber look to his business cards. I have a couple of textures that look like this but he wants the more zig zag look. Just looked at ExpressClipart and there are some great colors for carbon but I cant tell if they are zig zag or not. Any ideas where else to look?

Thanks
BJ

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is what ours looks like. It's a fairly subdued take on carbon fiber but whatever you put on top of it will remain easy to read.

Attachments

• carbon_fiber007.jpg
    carbon_fiber007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 80

natedawg9640

you can photoshop that pretty easy. just look at some pictures and make a pattern that you can step and repeat.

or use real CF. :)

RobbyMac

(CF)Real Black Carbon Fiber.jpg
I think this photo is the type of zig zag he's looking for. It's pretty simple to replicate. For print we make all the vertical pieces slightly lighter or darker than the horizontal ones. We use a gradient fill on both the horiz. and vert. leave a small gap to throw a black backgrund in behind it.

Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

showcase 66

I actually thought about scanning a piece of CF and using it but I dont have anymore here.

Thanks Fred for the close up. Is that the CarbonFiber 007 from EpressClipart.com

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I actually thought about scanning a piece of CF and using it but I dont have anymore here.

Thanks Fred for the close up. Is that the CarbonFiber 007 from EpressClipart.com

Yes it is. That is, by far, the most popular member of the series.

VinylLabs.com

carbon fiber is very hard to get right, the weaves are actually 3d, so depth is lost you best bet for faking it would be a realistic pattern and some spotUV lamination.