Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbonfibre fills

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by dekaltrim, Mar 9, 2007.

1. dekaltrim

dekaltrim Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Sweden
    Hi!

Does anybody now there i can find "carbon fibre" fills files good enough to print on wrap-vinyl to sale as carbonfibrelook. I have tried with auroras and bergen designs fills but i feel it is more for us as fills i signs for example.

I have search for it everywhere. I have also tried to make my own but i still doesn´t feel good enough to be called carbonfibrelook.

I use a Versacamm with true solvent.

Have somebody a solution?

/ Klas - Sweden.

Tags:
  2. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    Welcome Klas -- fellow Swede.

Unfortunately my suggestions were going to be Bergen (which I have) or Aurora.
    Can you explain more of what you are looking for, and why the Bergen and Aurora graphics are not adequate? Did you need more realistic?

:signs101:

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    what do you mean:
    "print on wrap-vinyl to sale as carbonfibrelook"?

are you doing a wrap?
    ...or are you just wanting to sell 'carbonfibrelook' vinyl?

those 2 you mentioned are the best 2 I've ever heard of, & good enough that in the right hands, they should be a fine representation of that look as part of an overall wrap design.

...if you just want to sell the design work, then I guess you can't sell it if you can't make it good enough & you can't find it good enough.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You're probably not using the right Aurora product. For large fills, use Monster Wrap Fills which are 16" x 16" @ 300 ppi tileable fills. there are 9 versions of carbon fiber in that collection. See attachment.

Attached Files:

5. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    AlienSkin plug-in (for Adobe Photoshop and comptible products) has a very decent carbon fiber fill pattern.

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    You can buy carbon fiber vinyl already printed. Avery has a couple of them

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    our new merchant, H & H Sign Supply has some vinyl on his website that looks like photos of actual cloth:

[​IMG]

8. dekaltrim

dekaltrim Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Sweden
    I want to sell Carbonfiber vinyl in different sizes. I gonna print on controltac 180 and sell it to make enginehood look like real carbonfibre for example. Everything i have tested so for is not really realistic. Finished vinyl like r-tape for example is not really realistic and it is difficult to wrap on a car. Thats why i want to print it on controltac. I am sure about that it is possible to make this 100% if i have a real good images to print. GraphicXtreme write about Alienskin but i can not found carbonfibre in this bundle. But maybe you mean the files Kevin has uploaded on alienskins forum? for weavefilter. It also look to much "perfect" Or have i missed something in the filter?

Somebody must have same problem as me. If i made letters with bergen, aurora or some elses textures it looks great. But directly then i make bigger pieces it not looks good. It not feels real. I don´t have monsterwrap. Is it better fills than old ones (printcraft?).

I have also tried make photos of real carbonfiber but i have problem to make it seamless because lights falls differnt on the area.

I really love this forum. I have search and found solutions for many problems here. So a wanna thanks every people for taking time to answer...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  9. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yes the Monster Wrap Fills is exactly what you are looking for. The fills are tiles that match exactly on all four sides so you can just copy and paste in Photoshop to make as big a high resolution fill as you want by laying them next to eachother.

[​IMG]