• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carbonfibre fills

dekaltrim

Hi!

Does anybody now there i can find "carbon fibre" fills files good enough to print on wrap-vinyl to sale as carbonfibrelook. I have tried with auroras and bergen designs fills but i feel it is more for us as fills i signs for example.

I have search for it everywhere. I have also tried to make my own but i still doesn´t feel good enough to be called carbonfibrelook.

I use a Versacamm with true solvent.

Have somebody a solution?

/ Klas - Sweden.

RJ California

Welcome Klas -- fellow Swede.

Unfortunately my suggestions were going to be Bergen (which I have) or Aurora.
Can you explain more of what you are looking for, and why the Bergen and Aurora graphics are not adequate? Did you need more realistic?

:signs101:

iSign

what do you mean:
"print on wrap-vinyl to sale as carbonfibrelook"?

are you doing a wrap?
...or are you just wanting to sell 'carbonfibrelook' vinyl?

those 2 you mentioned are the best 2 I've ever heard of, & good enough that in the right hands, they should be a fine representation of that look as part of an overall wrap design.

...if you just want to sell the design work, then I guess you can't sell it if you can't make it good enough & you can't find it good enough.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're probably not using the right Aurora product. For large fills, use Monster Wrap Fills which are 16" x 16" @ 300 ppi tileable fills. there are 9 versions of carbon fiber in that collection. See attachment.

Attachments

• CarbonFiberweb.jpg
    CarbonFiberweb.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 198

ChiknNutz

AlienSkin plug-in (for Adobe Photoshop and comptible products) has a very decent carbon fiber fill pattern.

iSign

our new merchant, H & H Sign Supply has some vinyl on his website that looks like photos of actual cloth:

1173136023042-343749247.jpeg

dekaltrim

I want to sell Carbonfiber vinyl in different sizes. I gonna print on controltac 180 and sell it to make enginehood look like real carbonfibre for example. Everything i have tested so for is not really realistic. Finished vinyl like r-tape for example is not really realistic and it is difficult to wrap on a car. Thats why i want to print it on controltac. I am sure about that it is possible to make this 100% if i have a real good images to print. GraphicXtreme write about Alienskin but i can not found carbonfibre in this bundle. But maybe you mean the files Kevin has uploaded on alienskins forum? for weavefilter. It also look to much "perfect" Or have i missed something in the filter?

Somebody must have same problem as me. If i made letters with bergen, aurora or some elses textures it looks great. But directly then i make bigger pieces it not looks good. It not feels real. I don´t have monsterwrap. Is it better fills than old ones (printcraft?).

I have also tried make photos of real carbonfiber but i have problem to make it seamless because lights falls differnt on the area.

I really love this forum. I have search and found solutions for many problems here. So a wanna thanks every people for taking time to answer...

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes the Monster Wrap Fills is exactly what you are looking for. The fills are tiles that match exactly on all four sides so you can just copy and paste in Photoshop to make as big a high resolution fill as you want by laying them next to eachother.

When-you-need150.gif