• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cardboard Cutout Displays?

GoodPeopleFlags

Does anyone here do the printed, cardboard cutouts? Or know who does? I'm talking about the kind that you see in stores and it's usually a display of a lifesize person. I called Georgia Printco and they can do them but only up to 72" wide. My customer wants one that's 2.5' tall x 9.5' wide. (It'll be of a racecar - not a person!) Any ideas?
Thanks!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Does anyone here do the printed, cardboard cutouts? Or know who does? I'm talking about the kind that you see in stores and it's usually a display of a lifesize person. I called Georgia Printco and they can do them but only up to 72" wide. My customer wants one that's 2.5' tall x 9.5' wide. (It'll be of a racecar - not a person!) Any ideas?
Thanks!

Turn it sideways. Now it's only 30" wide and 114" tall. Anyone should be able to deal with this.

If it's just one piece and it's of something like a race car and not a person (with fingers and hair and limbs...) why not do it your self? I have done plenty of perimeter cut pieces on everything from polystrene to 1/2 gator to 6mm sintra.

Even with the time spent hand cutting something like that, I would imagine the savings on shipping would make up for it...

GoodPeopleFlags

Bob - I thought about that myself so I asked them and they said they couldn't do it. I asked them to panal it and they said no. ???

Jake - We don't have the capabilities to do it in-house at the moment. Our Epson GS6000 did arrive today, tho!!! Still in the box in the parking lot until we can figure out how to get it through the door! Still wouldn't want to cut it by hand, tho.

Someone turned me on to a vendor who could do it so I'm waiting to hear back from the customer.

Thanks, everyone!

Steve C.

:thread

Any of you old timers ever use a cut-awl? What a great machine, haven't seen
one or used one in 15 years. Used to do many perimeter cut or shadow cut
displays with one when I worked in Display.

zmatalucci

I could do that on my sp540 without paneling... what is that company talking about?
Call one of the merchants here

ZsVinylInc

Call Merritt Graphics....They are a merchant member here. I recently spoke with them about doing a large order of direct printing right to corrugated plastic and I believe I remember from another post I saw of theirs that they have the ability to contour cut it as well. I know their direct to rigid printer will do I believe up to a 5' x 10' Piece so as long as they can cut it for you, you would be set.

Big Z

speedmedia

Call Merritt Graphics....They are a merchant member here. I recently spoke with them about doing a large order of direct printing right to corrugated plastic and I believe I remember from another post I saw of theirs that they have the ability to contour cut it as well. I know their direct to rigid printer will do I believe up to a 5' x 10' Piece so as long as they can cut it for you, you would be set.

Big Z

Just make sure you give them specific instructions to package and ship them like they care. Last time I ordered some they looked like they have been folded over about 10 times...

Thanks,
Kurt

Steve C.

If it were me, and I did not have a printer. I'd get it printed on vinyl, apply
it to the cardboard or what ever. Then perimeter cut it myself leaving about
a quarter inch boarder around the intire image...seems fairly simple.