Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardpads

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by hatmanok, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I have been using these cardpads for some time now and they are some of the best advertising I have. I find people will hold onto my business card much longer if they have it in the form of a notepad with a calendar on the back. It works great. I never knew how much I needed to carry a notepad until I put one of these in my pocket.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Now that's a damn good idea! cheap too

3. jmb474

jmb474 Member

Its a good idea but you should adjust your artwork so it isnt getting cut off by the binding.

4. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I'll do that next time I get some cards printed. Thanks.

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Who's making them for you?

6. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I think the idea was to bang them out in-house.

7. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I had a local guy make them for me. It would take too much time and special equipment to do them myself. PM me and I will give you his email address.

8. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    And maybe a real email address???

9. royster13

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
  10. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    His smallest quantity is 100 cardpads @ $.75 each plus shipping. You have to supply the business cards.
    Where did supply a real email address come from? I haven't given any email address yet.

11. royster13

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    I was talking about you using a Yahoo account....

12. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    What's wrong with a yahoo account? I have never had a problem with it. And the last time I looked my yahoo email is a real email address. Thanks for the concern.

13. BadAss

BadAss Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Arizona
    Yahoo & Gmail type of accounts just don't let you look professional to your clients...M*

14. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I can be as professional with a yahoo account an with any other email account. I have never looked at an email account and thought, "that's not professional". My customers have never had an issue with my email. So if it's not broken why try to fix it. Thanks anyway.

15. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I have, quite often actually.

16. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    O snap.... here we go.

I have. Quite often honestly. Gives the impression you're new or don't have a lot invested in your business.

Sigh. Just fyi with that design you posted, the cutoff letters, and THIS statement, there's a 90% chance you're about to get reamed by about the whole community here. So, just get ready to take it, and then make a few tweaks because in the end we are all just trying to help each other succeed and strive to be better at what we do. So, :corndog: :peace!:

:rock-n-roll:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  17. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Nice Idea... Could be assembled a little better but like I said, Really Nice Idea...

18. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Good Idea, Not so good design...

19. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    +1

If I see a yahoo or gmail account on a business card or other printed promo items I do think twice. As Flame said it is the first clue to the level of investment you have in your business. A domain name, splash page with contact info, and an email address cost just about $50 per year.

I'm curious. Were you going to fix the design on the next re-print before anyone said something about it? Do you know why they suggested it?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011