• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Career choice stress

David Wright

Vinyl signs as a career? No way, it's not even a good one in the current business climate. You had better be a full sign professional to make it in this business.

Fatboy

I am not much older than you so, keep that in mind as I try to answer your question.

I love what I do and love doing it. However, why do you feel you have to do this the rest of your life or quit now? You can always change careers later in life. Many people do. Do you have kids or some other responsibility forcing your decision?

Addie how old are you?

Mikeifg

I'm 38 and I still feel like I'm 18. I got into this because I loved it. Knew this is what I wanted to do so I worked for some large graphic companies that bring in millions learned something from each one. I even worked for some smaller shops and learned wat not to do. I started out with nothing never had a loan and built a pretty good business. It's got it's ups and downs but I know I've worked harder than anyone else I know to get to where I'm at. Not trying to ofend anyone younger but sometimes you guys want it without having to put any work into it. I started out as an installer traveled all over the country on every last dime I had and sometimes without having money to get home just to get some sort of money in. If you really want it then put forth the effort and do it and work hard for it if this is the business you want to be in. I started in Indy and it's a tough place just look in the pone book 700 sign shops and that's the ones listed. So you got your work cut out. Sometimes you just have to do wether you fail or not you at least tried.