• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carriage arm not lifting, stays down - Master Tiger 1000 cutter

Geminis076

Hello! Yes, I'll be the first to admit that my machine is a cheapy crappy chinese cutter and that I got what I paid for. But I do have a new machine on the way which should be better: Graphtec CE 5000-60.

But in the meantime I am wondering if there is anyway I can try to revive my soon to be over-sized paper weight?

I have a Master Tiger 1000 series cutter from the wonderful Desay corporation. Very recently my carriage arm started to drop during cuts, and now it no longer lifts up and down - stays down the entire time. Even stays down if I'm moving it manually from side to side with the control buttons.

I can't cut this way because it just ends up scratching the vinyl, plus it's not applying even pressure throughout the entire cut, some areas will be cut and others not. And before this started happening, my machine would quit and stop during the cutting of large decals or decals that had a little too much detail.

I've tried to play with the settings, nothing seems to work. This seems more like an electrical or part issue, I can open the carriage case but I'm not sure what to look for? Is there anything I can try or check that may help?

Hope my new machine works out better, thanks for any information!