• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

carriage disconnected

jbona75

During a print, the head got caught on some vinyl. Printing stopped and the message " Carriage Disconnected" appeared. What happened?

CS-SignSupply

Cuthead separated from print carriage. Turn off main power, remove jam and power back on. Hopefully the cuthead did not slip loose on the carriage wire.

kustomkoncepts

Just to add.... (because I have had several problems with with encoder strip/ errors)

There is a scan motor that drives the cutting head. this gives feed back to the printer to tell it where it is on the span of the printer.

There is also a Encoder strip that is the length of your printer, on the print head there is a laser sensor that keeps track of where the print head is.

all in all if you get a hard crash with the vinyl or they do become detatched the reading from the scan motor and encoder strip have a diferent reading and it will shut down so it does not slam the cutting head into the printer head. unfortunately you will not be able to restart where your were. that print is shot and you have to reload and start at the begining. hope it helps.