• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carriages are disconnected? sp-540

STAR Graphix

I just recieved a error...again! the first time was near the end of a Large print(156 inches). It give this error and in the manual it says that " a problem such as a media jam has occured" operation can not be completed, so I scrapped that print. I looked over everything, read through the manual, and restarted. I was right beside the printer at the time of the error never heard or saw a jam or anything. On the second try it printed about 4 ft before the same error occured, within that amount of print the print is real fuzzy and a lil distorted.

Ive sent an email that hopefully the tech guy from where the machine came from will see in the morning, but was wondering if anyone knew what the problem would be or if they have had this happen before? the machine just turned 1 year old a few weeks back and I couldnt renew the warranty due to the price increase and Bill situation at the time...

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Just Me

i just had this happen to me last friday, the generic pinch rollers roland uses caused the vinyl to shift a little bit and kinda bunched up. Take the vinyl roll out, redo the ends that go in the roll of vinyl and restart, it should be fine. Mine was just a slight kink in the vinyl and it said the same exact thing!!

STAR Graphix

I unloaded the vinyl and noticed that it isnt evenly rolled on the cardboard sleeve. I moved it around some trying to square it up, got close all but the vinyl closest to the the tube. reloaded Overlooked everything and started a shorter print. everything seemed fine till the end and the crop marks are fuzzy and not completely round....

Guess its back to a phone call in the morn...

Thanks again Outlaw- the advice is really appreciated, especially how late it is!

threeputt

It's almost certain that the machine has "lost it's way". Probably the encoder strip is dirty, but it could also be the encoder reader.

Finally, it's possible but not likely, the cable tension has slacked to a point that it needs to be re-adjusted. (for that you'll definetly need a tech) How long has it been? I think the correct tension is 11. At one time my machine had gotten to 4 I think.

hiway

Had the same problem in the past. It was the decoder. You can clean it with isopropyl alcohol. Dont use the printer cleaning solution or it will dissolve it.

STAR Graphix

called the tech guy around 8 this morning, he suggested cleaning the encoder strip. I did...." fingers crossed" so far so good. Now I am noticing som banding or streaks but not too bad for this job. Thanks again everyone for your help!

jimbug72

Turned out not to be too bad. Nothing important was lost on the banner, just some of the background image was cropped. The client was in a hurry for it and was willing to settle for a 28' banner and a discount.:clapping: