Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cartoon Characters

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by meb, Nov 30, 2009.

1. meb

meb Member

Nov 16, 2009
    West Springfield, MA
    I have a customer who would like to be able to change the position of the character in her logo for other advertising media from time to time. Does anyone know of a font that has cartoon character parts? Or is this something that has to be created in Illustrator or a special software. I've attacked a sample of the vector image. It's not in print yet, thank god. This little guy needs some help.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Mr. John Deaton should be able to help you out......

3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    I should think that first I'd worry more about the god-awful typography than the silly acorn character.

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    The acorn guy should be the least of your worries.

5. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    where did he get those legs?? That's ridiculous!

6. meb

meb Member

Nov 16, 2009
    West Springfield, MA
    Haha, I know, Isn't it awful. Unfortunately, the customer loves it and has put time and money into having him created. I was only asked to convert it from a jpg fill to a vector image. . . . . . The customer's happy!!! yikes!

7. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    Like ProImage said, you need John Deaton to come to the rescue.

8. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    you have the acorn guy, can you pull it apart and make a set of hands and such? sounds like they would like to use this guy doing different stuff? shouldn't be to hard to build your own set of parts.

9. meb

meb Member

Nov 16, 2009
    West Springfield, MA
    Yes, I can pull it apart. I was just hoping to have a better alternative than creating them myself.

Thanks!

10. N2Harpz

N2Harpz Very Active Member

Dec 3, 2006
    We have used him before and recommend him 120% .... HE IS THE BEST.

11. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I would have to go with the crowd and suggest John Deaton. he might be able to set you up with a "Mr. Potato Head" kind of file that has hands, feet, eyes and such which you could put together or maybe just a few styles of acorn guy that you can use.

12. meb

meb Member

Nov 16, 2009
    West Springfield, MA
    Great, thanks!

13. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

if you are ARTISTIC, and wish to make your own CARTOON CHARACTERS this program can help. it has a section of clipart, called cartoon parts, and has numerous eyes, hair, basic face shapes, mouths, noses.........and you can pick and choose those you want AND......once you got the ones you want you can edit its shape even more.
    for $149.00 you be da man!!!!
    http://www.arts-letters.com/