• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"cartridge None" error message

PURVEYOR

just got this message today after opening the printer to look at the mother board... i didn't actually touch anything on the board) but when I started up the printer now i get this message. was working fine before I looked at the board. anyone know how to clear this error? thanks in advance for your help.

mutoh RJ6000 falcon

chorca

Use diagnostics mode to check if the cartridge sensors aren't working. There are switches at the back of each cartridge slot to tell if there is a cart in there; I had some issues with mine at first. i had to wiggle each cart in far as i could until it would stay. I may need to make some adjustments to where they engage or something.

PURVEYOR

figured this one out. it was the ribbon that attaches to the motherboard for the cartridges.... When you open the box that contains the motherboard, the ribbon that attaches for the cartridges is very short, and when you swing the box open, it will disconnect from the board... you can't see it because it is behind a much wider ribbon... I did a little feeling around and found it unplugged hidden very well behind the other ribbon. Plugged it back in and I was back in business.