• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cartridge Problem with Epson Stylus 7800 Pro

Hey Guys,

Late last week i ran out of Light Light Black in my Epson Stylus 7800 Pro, After Replacing the cartridge i get a "INK CARTRIDGE ERROR...INSTALL CORRECT CARTRIDGE" I tried a new cart and got the same error, replaced it with the spent cart expecting to get a out of ink message but did not, had the same cart error message. We typically use non genuine carts, ordered an Epson brand to troubleshoot and to no avail. The machine is of course out of warranty, spoke with Epson support and one told me it was the cart or the sensor on the printer and another refused to give me any helpful information. They both refused to give me a service manual because i am not an Epson Cert Tech. Looking for any recommendations to remedy my issue, hints, tips, and hand holding.

TLDR: Service Manual For Epson 7800 Pro, Troubleshoot "INK CARTRIDGE ERROR...INSTALL CORRECT CARTRIDGE"

Thanks

Trevor
:banghead:

rubo

you might have a bad cart sensor - they go for about $10, you'll have to get to the back of cart assembly - can't find the right word :banghead::banghead: but hope you will get there. Good luck!

Rubo

you might have a bad cart sensor - they go for about $10, you'll have to get to the back of cart assembly - can't find the right word :banghead::banghead: but hope you will get there. Good luck!

Rubo

Thanks for the incite. If i have to ill give that a try.

Tried calling Epson Support again, got a different solution, Trying to re-roll the firmware right now. Tech said the non genuine chip could have corrupted the firmware.

Anyone know if there are any firmware mods or open source files to replace factory flash?

Also still interested in a Service manual if anyone has any leads.

Thanks

Trevor

jfiscus

Rap Master
I had a similar issue on my GS6000, one of the ink cart chips went bad and said bad cart when I replaced one of them; actually it said all the carts were bad at once...

I would grab your old empties and see if one of them (it may not be the black cart) is causing an error, if none of them resolve the error then I would go with the sensor mentioned above. My bad cart was not the one I replaced when I received the error while replacing one of them, possibly static fried the other one?

rubo

don't bother with firmware - it will give you more headache than you need - start w simplest thing available - those sensors are flimsy, you can bend the tongues just by changing the cart - check them first - pull the cart out and use a flashlight to see if everything's kosher back there.

Rubo