• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carwraps video training - Good Bad or Ugly?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
http://carwraps.net/home/learn_to_wrap
I was directed to this site by one of the Mutoh lists I signed up for.
Anyone take advantage of it and have feedback they could share?
The intro clip looks ok as far as production value goes - guy is speaking english and I can see what he is doing.
I am not new to graphics installation/wrapping but I am always looking for better-easier-faster ways to do things.
The chance of me getting to take a real hands-on wrap course stateside in the near (or far) future is next to none.

wayne k
guam usa

BadAss

Wayne,
DO NOT Waste your time on these videos. They are repetative, and teach you almost nothing. I got that e-mail months ago and thought I would give it a try. Did not get any access to the template cause you don't pay full price. The videos are not even close to a good quality. Just save your money and watch the stuff on You-Tube and you will get more info...

PhantomNeon

Old thread

the link you ask about, is Justin Pate, and Toid Labrie, I saw Justin many times, he's really good, and for sure you can learn some good trick, I don't think is wastinn money, Justin Pate is really good, and he's american, but with a European school, I think is great, IMPO....

rambo555

I took a wrapping course with Justin and Todd at Mutoh last year. I thought the course was really good. It was also great to meet the Mutoh team. As for the videos, I personally think they are useful if your willing to practice the techniques.

Jim Doggett

http://carwraps.net/home/learn_to_wrap
I was directed to this site by one of the Mutoh lists I signed up for.
Anyone take advantage of it and have feedback they could share?
The intro clip looks ok as far as production value goes - guy is speaking english and I can see what he is doing.
I am not new to graphics installation/wrapping but I am always looking for better-easier-faster ways to do things.
The chance of me getting to take a real hands-on wrap course stateside in the near (or far) future is next to none.

wayne k
guam usa

It's probably better than nothing, if the old saying is true: If I hear it I forget it; if I see it I remember it; if I do it I understand it.

Hands-on training has to be better, hands down. We're all too different, especially when it comes to squeegee techniques and pressure. So without doing it, with some guidance from someone who knows what to do, I just think you'll end up learning the hard way: trial and error.

But definitely, if you cannot get hands-on training, a video has got to be better than no training, I'd think.

My $0.02,

Jim

Last edited: