• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Cast Vinyl for Eco Solv Printing for Flat Exterior Signs

djdg

Which cast vinyls for printing with eco solvent printers is best for a flat exterior sign? I will laminate signs with cast laminate too. Just trying to get an idea of the best material for this since it's for a flat sign and I don't need it to "wrap".
Thanks!!!

We use Orajet 3951RA with Oraguard 290 laminate for these. If the customer specifies the signs are for short term use, we use Orajet 3651RA with 210 laminate.

We use the 3951RA because it's the best cast vinyl Orafol offers and since we do a good amount of vehicle lettering/graphics, it's one cast film/lam that covers all bases, with certain exceptions of course, like low energy surfaces.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
As far as Orafol products go, if you want to know what the best cast film is that would be our 3981RA with the 289GF laminate. If you could give some more specifics as to what you are looking to get out of the sign and material such as durability etc. then we could possibly tailor a response more to your exact needs and expectations. As always feel free to contact our Product Support department at any time for any product recommendations or product related questions. You can reach us at 912-851-5000 or toll free at 888-672-2251.

Have a great weekend!

As far as Orafol products go, if you want to know what the best cast film is that would be our 3981RA with the 289GF laminate. If you could give some more specifics as to what you are looking to get out of the sign and material such as durability etc. then we could possibly tailor a response more to your exact needs and expectations. As always feel free to contact our Product Support department at any time for any product recommendations or product-related questions. You can reach us at 912-851-5000 or toll free at 888-672-2251.

Have a great weekend!

My bad, I forgot you've got the comparable non-PVC product as well with 2 years longer durability on the laminate. And I see it's relatively similar in price to the 3951RA/290. Nice. I didn't realize that but then I hadn't looked at pricing on other films/lams in a while.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
We appreciate our customers and I do apologize if my post came across in a manner other than just being informative. Other than our 3981RA and 289GF materials you could also look at the 3551RA and 290 laminates for a slightly less expensive option with a good life span.

On a separate but somewhat related note have you guys heard of our new ProSlide cast wrap materials? 3951RA+ProSlide, 3751RA+ProSlide are available and ready to ship for your wrapping needs. They use the same 290 laminate as our regular 3951RA and 3751RA materials check them out, or ask your distributor for a sample next time you call.

Have a great weekend!!