• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cast Your Vote - Dreem Time Contest

Dreem Time Design Contest - Cast Your Vote

• Jim Des

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • GEB Entry #1

• David Snider

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Jen Goodwin

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Sign Guy 95

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Marlene Young

• Shovelhead

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Rick

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Dale Horn Entry #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dale Horn Entry #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GraphiXtreme

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Dale Horn Entry #3

• Nuke

• tikiboyz

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • THATgirl

• GEB Entry #2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

I saved myself from asking a stupid question yesterday, but I've got to ask one today. Where did the thread for the assignment go? I've looked every where i could think of as I wanted to re-look at the designs and I can't find it anywhere. Typed in assignment in search and only found the voting page. Am I missing something?

Marlene

Thanks Jon,

For some reason, I had to log on today, usually it automatic. After I did that, everything was where it should be. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Baz

All great entries folks !!!!! :thumb:

I really wanted to participate in this one ... I really did !

But these past 5 weeks have been an absolute madhouse in my shop. I've gone through a total of 110 4'x8' sheets of crezon (one order was for 89 of them). I've lettered a 24" trailer (print and cut vinyl). And produced quite a few large prints for other customers. (Im a one man shop and had help from 2 other guys working nights and weekends).

Good thing is i finished everything and am preparing to leave next week to spend the hollidays with my folks.

This contest was pretty cool to see all different styles of design (and prices). There are many talented people here. I'l say again, i really wished i could have participated.

Anyways ... I cast my vote :Big Laugh ... Lets see who will win

vid

Very nice, very nice!. There’s some great layouts and great concepts here.

I liked Dale Horn #3 because it reminded me of the “all seeing eye” --- like the eye on the back of a dollar bill...
I liked Marlene Young and Shovelhead because of the personality concepts...
I liked the color palettes GEB used...
I liked the humor of David Snider --- psofa psychoanalysis --- that cracks me up...
I liked... I liked... heck, they’re all good.

....bbbbbbuuuuuuuuut the one that pulled the vote out of my pocket was Rick’s.

The vote was based on the idea of franchising Dr. Dreems’ business. Rick’s plan/layout would play into all the collateral material that the doctor could ever want to produce. It’s a distinctive brand that isn’t easily confused with another industry.

My criteria was:

1. Strong and effective mark at all sizes.
2. Cost effective to reproduce on any substrate
3. Open to a broad range of marketing/advertising campaigns.

My eye bounces around the layout, exploring and analizeing (sic-lol). The broad swatch of color leads in one direction and the type pulls the eye the other way. The layout takes full use of the trailer size and keeps the viewers’ interest.

Nice job! Nice job all!
vid

still, "psofa psychoanalysis" cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.