• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caught on Camera Moment of the Explosion In Fertilizer Plant West, Texas

phototec

Braking News:

At 7:50pm CST, 48 miles north of me in West Texas, there was a major explosion in a Fertilizer Plant, as fire fighter were attempting to put out a structure fire at the plant. Some fire fighters are unaccounted for at this time.

INCREDIBLE video CAUGHT of the exact moment of the explosion at the Fertilizer Plant. Waco hospital told to expect multiple casualties from the Fertilizer Plant Explosion and a near by Nursing Home Building, Elderly Trapped! The explosion ripped through a fertilizer plant Wednesday night in the town of West, Texas, sending a massive fireball into the sky and causing dozens of injuries, officials said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=mPaR7c945XA&v=dbdOGUIlPoc

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of West Texas!

jayhawksigns

Came on here to get some sign news and instead hear about another disaster. Hope they don't lose any more lives down their tonight.

vid

wow. They just played that video on msnbc. I can't fathom the destruction that is being reported now on the news right now.

fmg

Prayers and thoughts to the victims.These tragedies are just not good and we are staring to witness them all too frequently.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thoughts and prayers to all involved........ from victims, to trapped, to rescuers to whatever else is gonna come of this. Sad,sad news.

phototec

From all local news accounts, it was just a structure fire at the fertilizer plant in this small Texas town of 2600 residents, and about 25 minutes after the first volunteer fire fighters arrived on the scene, one of the large Ammonia tanks exploded.

The ATF is on the scene and right now there are investigating it as a crime scene, however that is only because they don't know what set off the event, and when the get more details they may change the status to an industrial accident.

Early reports have verified two EMS medical personal have died as a result of the explosion and the first 4-5 fire fighters on scene are unaccounted for, and presumed dead, however they have not released a firm number yet.

I live 48 miles south of West, and 25 miles east of Fort Hood, which has one of the largest live fire heavy tank gun ranges in the US, and most days and nights we can hear (feel), the large explosions when the M1 heavy battle tanks are having live fire practice, so when we felt the slight BOOM, it was not something out of the ordinary for us.

Only after the local TV stations broke normal broadcast with a SPECIAL news bulletin did we find out about the explosion in West, TX, and then we realized what we felt was NOT Fort Hood.

The explosion registered 2.1 on a seismograph over 400 miles away in Amarillo, Texas.

Attachments

• 130417232315-erin-texas-fertilizer-explosion-witness-00012710-story-top.jpg
    130417232315-erin-texas-fertilizer-explosion-witness-00012710-story-top.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
  • wptv_waco_explosion_20130417223851_320_240.jpg
    wptv_waco_explosion_20130417223851_320_240.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 52
  • BIG0OB5CcAAovQx.jpg
    BIG0OB5CcAAovQx.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 75
  • brandon-bird1304.jpg
    brandon-bird1304.jpg