• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cause that a die-cut decal comes off ?

Yammaski

What can be the cause that a die-cut decal comes off from the back window of a car ?
The window is cleaned very well, than treated with an alcohol product to remove dust and oil/fat.

Yammaski

I'am using Oracal 751 Cast (with GXP-775 application paper) for years and never had promblems that stickers come off from the window, even with high pressure and whipers.
But some customers sometimes complain that their sticker comes off from itself. So I wonder if the customer did'nt follow my install-description or if they really have the problem !?
I thougt it can be a kind of wax/polish from the car-wash that's on the window or something like that. Or a product that's in the window washer nozzles like antifreeze.
It's strange.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Rain-X probably. That is also an alchohol product but would not be a good one for prepping glass.

Many car washes nowadays also include rain-x as part of the wash. If you have any suspicion of it probably need to clean the glass with a solvent like xylene first.

rjssigns

Some vehicle glass will NEVER hold a decal of any kind. My good friend makes his living as a window film installer. He schooled me after I had 2 complete failures of window graphics. The second lasted a couple days longer ever after sealing the edges with clear coat.
Lexus is a good one for this. Can't remember the other vehicles he said caused issues.

As a last ditch go over the window with Bar Keepers friend and try again. Bon Ami will work too.