• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE 5000 Cutting Issue

schurms

I just purchased a new plotter that is able to contour cut. It reads all the marks fine and when you go to cut it is a half inch low and a half inch to the left. Is there a adjustment in the plotter to compensate for that? Yes I read the book cover to cover and really do not see anything. Any solutions?

jshiplet

Are you using a certain type of rip program to print AND cut? I have read that some rip programs change the size of the image and thats why your contours could be off. There have actually been quite a fex topics on this the last couple weeks. Sorry I cant help much more than that.

jiarby

make sure you put your sheet in the cutter the right side in.... you could be feeding the wrong side in...

Could be an offset problem too.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
make sure you put your sheet in the cutter the right side in.... you could be feeding the wrong side in...

Could be an offset problem too.

Of all the things that could be the problem, offset is not one of them.

Exactly how are the prints being registered? Manually via bomb sight? Full auto from the software? Manually using the plotter's auto registration tackle?

schurms

The print is being registered using the plotters auto registration . Then the file is being sent from the RIP software to plotter.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So you're doing full automatic? Some questions in no particular order: What software? What size are the prints? Do you have any superfluous specifications for the cut like weed boxes, margins, etc? Is the plotter set to use the same type registration mark as you're printing? As in type 1 or type 2? Does it do this all the time or just this job?

A 1/2 inch off is a mile off. That being the case it's most likely not some adjustment somewhere. It's something else. When you find it it will be a real forehead slapper.

schurms

Well after a lot of screwing around ended up having to download a with targets on it from signwarehouse and printed it on a laser printer and put it in the plotter and red the marks and plotted the marks with a pen. The marks where pretty close but must of had to calibrate something cause all is well. printed and contour cut a file and all is well.Thats Graphtec , and you too Gerry for the assistance.