Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CE vs. FC?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by MAB SIGNS, Jun 15, 2006.

1. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm wanting to purchase my first plotter, if I were to choose a CE3000 what would I be missing from an FC machine which I have used while working for others? I do love the Graphtec FC's but would only want to upgrade to one if I took my love for signs beyond my own garage. I should ask someone at Graphtec this question but also wanted a shop owners point of view who may have upgraded from one to the other. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Tags:
  2. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I have a CE now and I miss my old FC1200-60 The Summa we have is cool to but I still miss my old FC2100-60

Go with the FC

I hate the CE for the fact it errors out if you do not have enough slack. My old FC would snap a roll of vinyl apart before it would ever error out.

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    If you do a search you will find out the fc does the same thing.

4. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Damn.... That sucks

5. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Less downforce on the CE, but is great for someone in his position. However, if you are going to do a lot of production work, cutting materials such as thich convex, reflective etc. Go with the FC series for high production runs. Also 4 point registration for the OPOS versus 3 I believe on the CE. Better tracking with the FC versus CE. Basically go with the FC if you plan on doing high/long production runs. Working out of your garage, lower production runs, save money go with the CE.

6. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks guys, if I were to get into production work I'd upgrade but for now I'd just be satisfying my own thrill of signmaking so a CE sounds fine. I just didn't want to jump into a machine with alot of problems or limitations.

7. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Yeah... the CE has not let me down and is a good machine... Un like my Roland that sits in it's coffin under the work table (dead of a brain failure"Main Board")