• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE vs. FC?

MAB SIGNS

I'm wanting to purchase my first plotter, if I were to choose a CE3000 what would I be missing from an FC machine which I have used while working for others? I do love the Graphtec FC's but would only want to upgrade to one if I took my love for signs beyond my own garage. I should ask someone at Graphtec this question but also wanted a shop owners point of view who may have upgraded from one to the other. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Derf

I have a CE now and I miss my old FC1200-60 The Summa we have is cool to but I still miss my old FC2100-60

Go with the FC

I hate the CE for the fact it errors out if you do not have enough slack. My old FC would snap a roll of vinyl apart before it would ever error out.

WVB

Less downforce on the CE, but is great for someone in his position. However, if you are going to do a lot of production work, cutting materials such as thich convex, reflective etc. Go with the FC series for high production runs. Also 4 point registration for the OPOS versus 3 I believe on the CE. Better tracking with the FC versus CE. Basically go with the FC if you plan on doing high/long production runs. Working out of your garage, lower production runs, save money go with the CE.

MAB SIGNS

Thanks guys, if I were to get into production work I'd upgrade but for now I'd just be satisfying my own thrill of signmaking so a CE sounds fine. I just didn't want to jump into a machine with alot of problems or limitations.

Derf

Yeah... the CE has not let me down and is a good machine... Un like my Roland that sits in it's coffin under the work table (dead of a brain failure"Main Board")