• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE2000-60 with Windows 7 computer

neato

I just picked up a Graphtec CE2000-5-60 24" cutter. It did not come with a parallel cable, which is fine, since I'm using a newer computer with no parallel port.

What would be the best way to connect to the cutter? Parallel to USB conversion cord? If so, any recommendations on brand or type? I'm hoping to only have to order this once! :smile:

Also, is anyone cutting directly from Corel to this cutter?

Jackpine

I believe that would be the best connection choice. You can get the cutting plugin program from Graphtec download for no cost. CleanCut blades are the best when you need some.
I just picked up a Graphtec CE2000-5-60 24" cutter. It did not come with a parallel cable, which is fine, since I'm using a newer computer with no parallel port.

What would be the best way to connect to the cutter? Parallel to USB conversion cord? If so, any recommendations on brand or type? I'm hoping to only have to order this once! :smile:

Also, is anyone cutting directly from Corel to this cutter?

WildWestDesigns

I know with my Barudan machines we have to have a very specific adaptor, not all a created the same. Kinda like how I had to find that "active" mini display to DVI adapter (boy was that a pain) and that one I know required a specialty one, because I did try the generic one first.

Unless that's some BS that all sales people give you, but when I read something like that:

Please make sure this item is used only with printers. It cannot be guaranteed that any other devices other than printers, such as multi-function printer/scanner/faxes, tapes drives, zip drives, or other non-standard parallel devices will work with this unit

There might be nothing to it, but I just thought I would also throw that out there.

Jackpine

Seems to be the correct one....25 pin for ..

• Connectors: USB A Male to DB25 Female
  • Connects to the parallel cable from your printer to a USB port on your computer
  • Perfect for inkjet, laser and other high-speed printers
  • Auto-negotiates hardware recognition for faster protocol setup
Seems to be the correct one....25 pin for .....

• Perfect for inkjet, laser and other high-speed printers......(cutters)

I used one of these on a Roland PNC 1000 for years but that was parallel to serial...

WildWestDesigns

It more then likely isn't a problem, but the two times that I had to deal with it, it was a problem and I just thought I would throw that out there.

It wasn't so much the cost (needed adapters were $50 and a $100 (plus shipping for this one), but it was the down time over the entire process to get those needed adapters. And, of course, around here too much of a specialty adapter isn't just as easy as going to the store. Most of the time they ship from Cali.

round man

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but the technical specs for that plotter say you can use either a usb connector cable or an rs-232c which is a null modem serial cable,...no where in the specs does it say anything about a parallel cable interface,...

Jackpine

Ditto.My CE3000 uses a usb connector cable.

[h=3]Tripp Lite USB to Serial DB9M Adapter (U209-000-R) by Tripp Lite[/h]

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but the technical specs for that plotter say you can use either a usb connector cable or an rs-232c which is a null modem serial cable,...no where in the specs does it say anything about a parallel cable interface,...

Last edited: