• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ce5000-60 and illustrator problem

tomence

hi there guys i just got me a new ce5000-60 and i have adobe illustrator cs3 software which i thought would be nice to use and not spend money on flexi. but now i have a problem using illustrator. i want to cut a decal which is 22"x14" and i dont know how to setup illustrator to do this kind of long job. everytime i send the job to cutting master 2 the cutter will start to cut but than in the middle of the job it will stop and say no media. and i do have whole roll of 10 yards by 24" i just dont get it why it says no media. maybe my setup in illustrator is bad so any help would be appreciated.
thank you

pvcsigns

No media means you have run out of work area in Illutrator.
If you don't want to spend a lot of money --- Get Corel
It doesn't have the size limitations that Ilustrator suffers from.

S

Sign-Man Signs

DITTO. Or maybe break down and get you a starter version of Flexi.

dbenec

Hi -

The max page size in ai is 227.54" width and height. It is possible to create a smaller page size in ai and draw bigger than it. To see your document size go under 'view' to 'show artboard' just to make sure you're not drawing on an 8.5"x11" page or something like that.

I had a similar problem as yours - mine was solved by saving the ai file down to version 3.0 (not CS3). However I'm going from ai to Lxi, not thru a plug in.

Seems like 22"x14" would be well within the cutting range of your cutter especially since the plug-in for ai was made by graphtec themselves for ai. Being that your cutter is new I'd check with their tech support. It may be a simple fix.

-good luck

thmooch

make sure the vinyl is not lifting off the back sensor when cutting. I generally roll off some "slack" in the vinyl.

Bill Modzel

I'm going with mooch here. If your roll of vinyl is sort of "set" because it is older or whatever, it is probably lifting off the back sensor on the plotter and reading that it's out of material. Try sticking a piece of masking tape over it and send the job again under close supervision, just in case.

tomence

finally i put some tape on the back sensor now it is working perfectly.
but still dont get it why new plotter have this problem they should fix this somehow.

Bill Modzel

The sensor is there for a reason. If you're are out of the room and your vinyl is squed or you come to the roll end, you want your plotter to stop or it will chew up your teflon ribbon.
For some reason, your vinyl is lifting off the sensor at times and giving you the error. One other reason that I thought of was the possibility that you have your front roller of the
vinyl holder locked and when the plotter backs up, you vinyl lifts off the sensor.
Look at the tab on the right side of the roller behind the control buttons.

GP

Mine has done the this intermittently from day one. Never could figure out why. Always hit "Enter" and it continues job without fail.