Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ce5000-60 start point

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by watchdaride, Feb 17, 2009.

1. watchdaride

watchdaride Member

Dec 20, 2008
    orlando fl
    Just picked up a graphtec ce5000-60 . I am using flexi sign 8.1 and when i cut the cutter advances the vinyl about 90" then starts to cut in the middle . I try entring the origin and turn off auto feed but it keeps advancing then cuts from the middle and when finished it advances another 90" then stops in the middle. Any help would appreciated? Emialed graphtec 3 days ago and no response yet. thanks

Tags:
  2. watchdaride

watchdaride Member

Dec 20, 2008
    orlando fl
    I finally figured it out . Here is the soloution in case anyone else has this problem on page 3-2 of manual

3.1 Setting the Format of Data to be Received
    Before data is sent from the computer, the format (command mode) of the data sent by the application software
    must be checked. The cutting plotter accepts two data formats (command modes): GP-GL (Graphtec)
    and HP-GL commands. Set the command mode to suit the application used.
     Setting the Command Mode
    Check to confirm that the cutting plotter is in READY mode (displaying the current pen settings).
    Press the (PAUSE) key to switch to PAUSE mode, and then press the (NEXT) or (PREV.) key
    until the menu shown below is displayed.
    Press the (ENTER) key to display the menu shown below.
    Press the or key to select “GP-GL” or “HP-GL,” and then press the (ENTER) key to confirm.
    To cancel the selection, press the (NEXT) or (PREV.) key.
    If “GP-GL” is selected, set the STEP SIZE. If “HP-GL” is selected, set the ORIGIN POINT. If a different
    command from that set previously is selected, the PAUSE mode is automatically cancelled once the STEP
    SIZE (GP-GL) or ORIGIN POINT (HP-GL) is set.