• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE6000-120 ARMS Not Detecting

matthai5

I have a CE6000-120 That will not detect any registration marks. The red sensor light lights up but it will never detect any lines on vinyl or paper. The plotter is running the latest firmware and has been reset to factory multiple times.

It seems like the sensor may just be broken. I have tried using the sensor adjust scan setting on vinyl and paper. On both surfaces it returns the value as 60X 60Y which makes me think it isn't sensing correctly. Any suggestions?

studio10

The same situation. I did the following:
I used a rubber air pump blower dust cleaner for camera lens CCD to clean the sensor. Then reset to factory defaults. Then a clean install Corel and CM3 and finally on CE600 test ARMS sensor (Menu/ARMS/Test ARMS sensor). I do not know what helped, but CE6000 now detecting marks, even on gloss laminated vinyl. By the way, serviceman told me it is a high quality sensor.

studio10

Hi,
again I had problems with reading the marks. The only thing I have not done is clean the sensor. So I took apart and cleaned sensor carefully with a dry cloth. Now read without problems. I am not serviceman but simply not have another solution, so I had to try it.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 410