• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE6000 and FC8600 Maintaince

bigkahuna_305

is there a maintenance protocol for these two equipment? like greasing any parts or tightening of things havnt found any videos or pdfs about that

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My CE6000 is 3 or 4 years old. I opened up the top covers - blew out all the dust, cleaned & lightly greased the carriage races. Cleaned the pinch rollers and removed all the adhesive residue from the grit rollers and media ramps. Seems to run a bit smoother and quieter now. Cuts well but I think I will flip the cutting strip some time this year (or order a back-up if I can). I tried to get the service manual from the dealer who sold it to me but they would not budge - even knowing they sold it without a warranty - me being too far from any authorized repair center.

bigkahuna_305

My CE6000 is 3 or 4 years old. I opened up the top covers - blew out all the dust, cleaned & lightly greased the carriage races. Cleaned the pinch rollers and removed all the adhesive residue from the grit rollers and media ramps. Seems to run a bit smoother and quieter now. Cuts well but I think I will flip the cutting strip some time this year (or order a back-up if I can). I tried to get the service manual from the dealer who sold it to me but they would not budge - even knowing they sold it without a warranty - me being too far from any authorized repair center.
thank you, what type of grease do you use? i never got a manual as well the place i bought from i would never again cause they acted as if this sell was beneath them lol but oh well lol thank you

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
thank you, what type of grease do you use? i never got a manual as well the place i bought from i would never again cause they acted as if this sell was beneath them lol but oh well lol thank you
I use the 'special' Mutoh lube I got to use on my printer but I think plain old white lithium from Home Depot or Napa will work fine.
My dealer takes good care of me but Graphtec must have them sign a blood oath or hold their firstborn hostage before they allow the techs access to the service manuals.

bigkahuna_305

I use the 'special' Mutoh lube I got to use on my printer but I think plain old white lithium from Home Depot or Napa will work fine.
My dealer takes good care of me but Graphtec must have them sign a blood oath or hold their firstborn hostage before they allow the techs access to the service manuals.
lol i think so thank you

karst41

Clean the Pinch rollers, then clean the carriage rollers and clean the track.
When you clean the track the rollers track Smoothly and Quietly.

If you gotta lube something then I guess white or a dielectric would do.
You better be dam careful before you go removing covers. Just stay out.

FC 2100A, 23 years never lubed nothing. Worked perfectly the day I took it to recycle. I only cleaned and dusted as everybody else does.

CE 3000-120 10 years and I slap wore it out. cleaned it often.

FC7000 10 years. These were notorious for having xy axis motor issues,
and mine suffered the same fate.

FC8600,,,,,,,,,,,Y'all remember ol Jessie Ventura in Predator? Of course you
do. I have had my 160 4 years now and not so much as a mouse fart.
Its the Jessie Ventura of my shop.

Just clean pinch rollers, carriage rollers and tracks.
When it gets a little noisy, blue paper towel and denatured alcohol does the trick.

Cheers

Last edited:

bigkahuna_305

Clean the Pinch rollers, then clean the carriage rollers and clean the track.
When you clean the track the rollers track Smoothly and Quietly.

If you gotta lube something then I guess white or a dielectric would do.
You better be dam careful before you go removing covers. Just stay out.

FC 2100A, 23 years never lubed nothing. Worked perfectly the day I took it to recycle. I only cleaned and dusted as everybody else does.

CE 3000-120 10 years and I slap wore it out. cleaned it often.

FC7000 10 years. These were notorious for having xy axis motor issues,
and mine suffered the same fate.

FC8600,,,,,,,,,,,Y'all remember ol Jessie Ventura in Predator? Of course you
do. I have had my 160 4 years now and not so much as a mouse ****.
Its the Jessie Ventura of my shop.

Just clean pinch rollers, carriage rollers and tracks.
When it gets a little noisy blue paper towel and denatured alcohol. does the trick.

Cheers
haha good to know thank you very much