• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE6000 contour cutting cast with lam

wbruzzese

I've been cutting & weeding 651 vinyl for a while without much trouble. I'm new to this whole game, however. We recently purchased a HP Latex 310. Just printed a logo for a client that needed to have contour cut. Printed on 3M IJ180 v3 with 3M cast laminate. I can't seem to get the blade depth, force, speed, etc. adjusted so we can weed it properly. The letters are about .75" tall. We have a 45 degree and a 60 degree blade, but I'm not sure which one would be best. Any advice? What settings do you use when cutting 180 with lam?

Thanks,
-w

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
45 should be good.
I'm using a CleanCut 45 in my ce6000.
You need to make sure enough of the tip is showing in the holder for the thicker material.
I run mine out so that I can see it and I can snag it with my thumbnail.
Set the force to 14, slow the speed to about 26 - 28, leave the acceleration at 2.
No need to mess with the over cut settings.
Run your test cuts and adjust until you can just see faint lines in the backer when you remove the material.
With 180 seems best to weed it fairly soon after cutting as it tends to weld back together if you leave it overnight.

wayne k
guam usa