• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ceiling Tiles

MilanoGuru

Hello Everyone. I am sure you all have tried it but I just wanted to know if there is a Secret to the Clear Tiles for the lights. We want to start doin the entire ceiling but looks kinda funny with the clear ones still nothing on them. So if anyone has done so did you make your own profile or just use a Generic Plexi Glass Profile. Thanks again :thumb:

Steve

jmcnicoll

I don't do any flatbed printing, but couldn't you print on some backlit film and lay it in the the light fixture???

jim

BRUSHMARKS

Print it reverse on clear vinyl or lam then put it on the smooth side of the fixture lens. That way you will not lose your lighting with translucent vinyl.

Mspec

If you have a flatbed, reverse print directly on the smooth side of the diffusers with a backlit profile or whatever profile you have with the highest saturation levels. I've seen these turn out vey well.

scotto

Hey Steve,

This is Scott down in Baton Rouge. We spoke a little while back about your Milano. It shouldn't be long for ours. Anyway, let us know how you make out printing on the light covers as we had a customer request the same thing. Sounds like Mspec's idea is a good one. Hope all is well..

jdigital

We've tested similar light panels on our Inca Turbo. In order to get the color to pop we set our saturation to 400%. To accompany this saturation we had to slow our machine down to around 500-600mm/s. Our machine cannot handle such saturation at a high speed. The image becomes blurry. This is why we slowed it down. Printed great and the client was very pleased.