Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cell phone dimensions

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by allicatgraphics, Mar 18, 2011.

1. allicatgraphics

allicatgraphics Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Does anyone know where I can find drawings and the external dimensions for cellular phones? I see a great deal of companies selling "skins" and figure the templates must be available somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA..................................

3. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Places that sell skins make their own templates, speed to market is an important part of those sales and you can't wait on a template vendor.

You can find the more obvious phone templates like the iphone but when you get into the android world with the millions of different phones templates are a lot harder to find.

4. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
  5. allicatgraphics

allicatgraphics Member

Mar 9, 2011
    that link was great. unf the phones were a little older. jesse how do they do it then? I mean people who make cases have the cases available as soon as the phone comes out. I figure the dimensional drawings have to be leaked somewhere.

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    You could troll the US Patent office but I'm not sure I'd trust the dimensional drawings for an object that often has a number of different curved surfaces.

Most of the phone manufacturers have partner programs that are hard and expensive to get into but give you access to early builds or technical drawings. Same way certain companies have cases ready on day one, but it's a really expensive and daunting process. Most places just buy one of each when they come out and then scramble...

7. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
  8. studio 440

studio 440 Member

Jul 19, 2010
    cali