• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cement Mixer Truck....Full Color Wrap

Craig Sjoquist

I'd jump at the enjoyment of doing this job....Paint, vinyl masking, and what ever I needed.

The rest of the people have either a good amount of work coming in, so do not need work.

jc1cell

You stated it so much better than I. Thanks Gino. I did realize that statement was very negative and was planning on going into detail with the client, just not on the initial cost. I want to see the vehicle first and then give him an informed estimate.

jc

heyskull

I lettered a cement mixer yesterday but it just had some standard graphics on it.
This was second hand but had been shotblasted and repainted so was a good working area.
To wrap it will be entertaining because there is a centre panel which runs all the way round but the 2 outside panels taper.
It would cost a fortune using convex to wrap it.
I would quote this as normal and add 40-50% for awkwardness, stating no guarantee is given due to the nature of the work the vehicle is in.

SC

B-RAD Graphics

Well....... someone thinks it's a good idea.
If you want to try it, I wouldn't make it sound like it's gonna fail and no warranty because you're afraid to, or you'll come across as being a nutjob for charging so high for something you know is gonna fail.

Do your homework, make sure you can give him his money's worth and explain to him due to the level of difficulty in doing this job correctly and using the best materials at your disposal, you need to get $XX.xx to do the job. Explain that your concerns with these trucks are all the little nooks and crannies and you'll need to take some poetic license to change your normal way of delivering this project to give him the best job for his money...... OR you could do partial wraps of selected strategic areas and do it for $XX.xx amount.

Whatever you do, don't burn any bridges.... just get paid well for your job.

Wow Gino ..they look awesome...I guess with that funky pattern you can get away with registration...but you would think it would could look funky to if it didnt line up at you seams...I bet ther were a ton of seams ...would love to see it in person...:notworthy:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow Gino ..they look awesome...I guess with that funky pattern you can get away with registration...but you would think it would could look funky to if it didnt line up at you seams...I bet ther were a ton of seams ...would love to see it in person...:notworthy:

Just to clear the air..... we, at our shop, didn't do those trucks. I found them in two seconds after googling 'cement truck'.

jc1cell

You stated it so much better than I. Thanks Gino. I did realize that statement was very negative and was planning on going into detail with the client, just not on the initial cost. I want to see the vehicle first and then give him an informed estimate.

jc

Sorry, meant to say "Initial Call".