• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET FK512 color profiles

artbot

does anyone have some color profiles for a cmyk (no lm lc) for a CET FK512? (running onyx production house)

i can have my color guy three hours away build me one mid next week or go buy an eye1 (sp?). but for now i just need to get some samples out and i am no longer running lm lc. in the past, with simpler rips, you could just turn off lmlc and the rip would compensate. but the onyx PH does not do that. unless, maybe i just don't understand how to do it. any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

aa

update: found some flora icc profies. haven't tried them yet.

Last edited:

artbot

still no reaction from the flora profiles. starting to wonder if it's because they don't work or we just haven't figured out onyx production house yet (i despise this rip. it is laid out in the most nonsensical way).

97GTB

Given the numerous colour and head configs you can do with the CET machines should be possible to turn off in PH, but am not familiar with that software yet.
Have you tried a new printer installation? I know RasterLink you select colour mode there.

VTSigns

(i despise this rip. it is laid out in the most nonsensical way).

+1

If it's a possibility switch to Caldera. I fought and fought with learning Onyx and decided to switch to Caldera and it has been the best move I have made. Caldera just makes sense. I know this doesn't help your immediate situation, sorry.

artbot

caldera is the only other rip that can work with a CET FK512. i had some conversations with them. it's not terribly seamless. caldera rips, then a .prt is sent to the printer via a windows xp utility? .... not sure. i am still astonished at how, not just bad, but horribly laid out onyx is. we are thinking about getting three monitors to just deal with the maniacally spread out nature of the settings.

signswi

I find Onyx a lot easier than Caldera, workflow wise, but that's partially because I learned Onyx first. I also despise the Caldera UI, it's so messy.

What settings are spread out that you're fighting with and which version of Onyx do you have? Most of the things in Onyx that are "split out" make sense to be split out (i.e. CutServer being separate from RIP-Queue). We run ProductionHouse 10.2 but you may want to demo Thrive.