• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET FK512x - Bi-Directional Alignment Jumping Around

MrNick86

I am having issues keeping my print heads aligned on my CET. Some of the heads will jump as far as 7 points offset after a couple 4x8 foot sheets that were printed immediately after an alignment. I could do alignment after alignment and have changes average 1-4 points consecutively. :banghead:

One observation I concurred was the stability of the head temperatures, they seem very unstable. I try my best to make sure doors in the shop are kept shut, the room temp is maintained 68-70F.

I plan on calling CET but I was more curious if anyone else around here has ever struggled with such issues.

Thanks sign dudes :thumb:.

Matt-Tastic

Dumb question first: Are your heads seated tightly? Or could the alignment brackets loose in any way? It's a long shot, but if the physical head is moving, that would explain the issue.

Depending on media, random inaccurate dot placement could be static, or a bad head board, or issues with an encoder. if they are changing in between alignment prints (even if you don't change the values), I would think either something environmental or something electrical; especially if it is inconsistent.

MrNick86

This issue has led to be a glitch in the software. This glitch is so bad that at some point the voltage settings will clear without me knowing. I was color matching the other day and dropped 5% yellow out of a color swatch and the printer decided to go whack and printed an extremely dark color. I rebooted the computer and loaded up the voltage settings and all the voltages were cleared and left with "-" hash marks and C2 at 19.4 volts, which was most likely not all that great for the print head. I really do not know what to think of this glitch. it sounds like there is no software updates with this printer because it is not 'obsolete", says CET. I just wish it was less spontaneous.

davecich

Mr nick,

The issue I believe is the headboard is beginning to fail. Please have James call me, and we can work out a solution.

Dave Cich

MrNick86

I have tried contacting a CET technician about getting this headboard issue resolved. I have not been given any response about it. With that I have been searching for the best tips in calibrating the voltage settings between heads to balance the coverage and avoid banding. I also need some information on things to prepare the printer for a 5 mile move, things to strap into place, any precautions to take to ensure a safe transit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nameci

@Nick,

I am just a skype away.

You can search my username romel.ginandoy, and I will try to help you out with your concerns.

Best.