• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bscherer

We have a Q500 CET Flatbed and we've noticed that the printheads, specifically cyan, seem to be out of alignment. Prints are coming out a little fuzzy around the edges and it seems like the colors are not printing directly over top of each other. I've looked up videos to help me figure out how to correct the head alignment with the Bidi Offset but after changing values there I've either made it worse or had no effect on the print (user error is likely). Is the Bidi offset calibration the way to fix this? Are there any written instructions or troubleshooting guides that can help me fix this?

Thanks in advance,
cBlue

signheremd

Bidi Offset is the Bi-Directional offset, which is the adjustment for matching left and right pass printing (spraying ink one way and spraying the next segment on the way back.

What you need to do is a full calibration. So possibly: Heads Vertical, Nozzle Alignment, Heads Offset, then Bidirectional Offset (small and middle dot), Bidirectional Offset (VSD and large dot), and Stepping Calibration. You will need a loop (magnifying glass) and up to a half day. Do them in order. The short of it is all the other colors are adjusted to match black. Hope that helps

bscherer

Bidi Offset is the Bi-Directional offset, which is the adjustment for matching left and right pass printing (spraying ink one way and spraying the next segment on the way back.

What you need to do is a full calibration. So possibly: Heads Vertical, Nozzle Alignment, Heads Offset, then Bidirectional Offset (small and middle dot), Bidirectional Offset (VSD and large dot), and Stepping Calibration. You will need a loop (magnifying glass) and up to a half day. Do them in order. The short of it is all the other colors are adjusted to match black. Hope that helps
Thank you for the response!