• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Hybrid

scenicorp

Has anyone seen or used one? I am down to deciding between their Hybrid and a FB500. I've been able to find enough folks who've had trouble with the HPs that it gives me pause, but nothing really about the CETs. Thoughts?

CS-SignSupply-TT

HP vs CET

Has anyone seen or used one? I am down to deciding between their Hybrid and a FB500. I've been able to find enough folks who've had trouble with the HPs that it gives me pause, but nothing really about the CETs. Thoughts?

I strongly suggest you contact 10sacer (Tennis Acer) on signs101.com You will be very encouraged by his insights.

An equally good source is Jack Skidmore at CET

Finally, if you really want to fill and mixup the pot, contact Steve Ball at graphixdirect.com about their Flora Digital Printing System (2512UV Flatbed Printer)

Good luck! Congratulations on forestalling "...the tax man taketh away..."

You are going to make someone's Christmas/Hannukah VERY JOLLY! (sorry for the mixed metaphors) :peace!:

artbot

i don't own either one, but i got the chance to get a really good look at both of them and if they were both free sitting in my driveway and a guy said pick one you have three seconds, i'd grab the CET in one second's worth of contemplation.

think of the CET as a ford f150, and the fb500 as a mercedes. the fb was very beautifully designed, like NASA made a printer very nice. but it was very compact.

on the other hand, you open up the hood on the CET there is ample room for diagnosing issues, it's laid in a very obvious way. the printer's visibility is great. ...no "hidden printing going on". also, the CET look literally military issue. and best of all they guys at CET were amped about being a part of CET. in the HP booth, well here's the printer.... "next".

plus chipped ink! argh! for the $100,000 a customer spends HP still believes that they deserve all the ink sales as well. in flatbed printing there will eventually be a specialized product, and that product will require a foreign ink.

i also liked the frankness of the guys at CET. they admit that flatbed/hybrids still aren't as mature of a technology as they could be amongst all manufacturers. and encouraged the idea of getting on the phone as soon as something quirky came up.

in the end i decided to build a massive flatbed for my processes. looking forward to getting the table in over the next month (7' x 24'!!!!) but if i had to put down the money it would have been CET all the way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Recently, we were looking at a CET. Coming in February, they will be an upgrade which will yield about 1,000 s f an hour at good print mode. You'll need a wide doorway to get it in. The deal we were working on dried up and we got by using our present flatbed, but the CET would be our next purchase. We also talked quite a bit with Jack Skidmore..... a very knowledgeable and most helpful person.

10sacer

I am already looking to upgrade to the newer model 6x10 flatbed.

Haven't had any major issues that I DIDN'T CAUSE in nearly 2 1/2 years.

They are hiring service and support like crazy and will give you honest answers to your questions.

I have called a few times at 2 in the morning when something went screwy and have had a tech call me back and walk me through whatever the issue was and got me back up and printing again.

There are so many variables that go into purchase decisions for something like this, but the overwhelming deciding factor for me was that I trust every person I have come into contact with at CET and truly believe they have my best interest at heart - and are not just selling a piece of printing equipment.

you wanna talk to the owner - call him. He will talk printers with you all day if you want. Anyone ever contacted the CEO of HP or Vutek et al?
Could they even answer questions about their products? Doubt it. Its all about family. If you are a big fish in this industry - then you probably need a big family behind you like the bigger players offer. CET has around 100 units placed and in production in the US, so they aren't a small startup anymore. You get a nice printer at an attractive price. After my first year in business I was selected as one of the Top Shops in the country by Wide Format Imaging magazine and a big part of my success has been the flatbed from CET.