• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET owners, past and present

D3D

"I Am Printer"
It will be good to be reminded of this from time to time :) Appreciate all the info, very useful. Since I keep hearing about the pumps I wonder if there isn't a higher quality equivalent product out there that they could just be replaced with from the beginning. I am guessing the answer is no or you would have them by now.

davecich

All,

I had quite a few people send me this thread. I would like to clarify a couple of items:

1-Although I try to help my old customers at CET, my intent is not to prop CET Color up by offering outstanding service to anyone who buys a new CET Printer. I don't really support buying one and then counting on Vanguard to service.
2-CET machines are much different now than they were.
3-EFI's flatbed is very different than ours, and not made in the same factory, although we share some of the same component manufactures, as almost all flatbed manufactures do.
4-We buy components from all over the world, but our machines are built here in Atlanta.
5-The white pump issue you see with failing is due to the membrane being eroded in the pump by white ink. I have switched to a new pump we have had designed for white, where the white ink does not damage the membrane.
6-The Vanguard is superior to the CET machines in many ways, but for the sake of this thread, it is twice as fast, as the CET must print in 9 or 12 pass. The Vanguard prints in 3-8 pass, due to our enhanced feathering software. The software bugs are limited to CET, as we use different, more advanced code.
7-D3D, I would encourage you to give me a call at 404-915-7524, as I would like a chance to speak with you.

ChrisN

ChrisN , thanks for all the info, very useful. Was tweaking the voltage something you were shown how to do during the training that happened at the time of installation? Are you using CET inks?

No, it's something you're typically not supposed to mess with. They did do an overview of the effects of voltage and temperature on printing during the training I went to at the CET facilities in Atlanta. I would imagine if you go for their tech training they would cover that probably even more than what they did for us.

We are currently using 96 series inks. We had looked into switching to Mosaic, but they had a few issues with it at the beginning, and I didn't think it offered a whole lot over the 96 series.

The white pump issue you see with failing is due to the membrane being eroded in the pump by white ink. I have switched to a new pump we have had designed for white, where the white ink does not damage the membrane.

This sounds interesting. Do these pumps work with CET printers? If so, I may have to order one and try it out.

Capitol Copy

We are in the market for a new flatbed and one of the choices are the CET machines. Yes, I am aware of Vanguard, they are also a consideration but this conversations is about CET. I would love to hear from people who have used either of the K2 or Q5 flatbed printers especially concerning reliability and quality over time. What are the most common problems, how serviceable are they by a resourceful end user? Thanks.
We have a Q5 hyrbid and flatbed. Overall, they've been pretty solid machines. I would recommend them if Vanguard is above your price range. The only consistent issue that we've had is that we can't dial in the white alignment as well as we'd like. It's a pretty minimal amount that it's off, but with certain customers it can become an issue. We have been told that it's a software issue.

mikenicee

We are in the market for a new flatbed and one of the choices are the CET machines. Yes, I am aware of Vanguard, they are also a consideration but this conversations is about CET. I would love to hear from people who have used either of the K2 or Q5 flatbed printers especially concerning reliability and quality over time. What are the most common problems, how serviceable are they by a resourceful end user? Thanks.
Does anyone have a CET Xpress 500q that has more than 1 row of cmyk?