• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Series 96 - Formulation change?????

In Print

We have been using the 96 series for about 5-6 months, we tried the 55 series but it was so hard that it was brittle and the edges cracked during cutting.
We have been ok with the 96 but over the last month or so we started having the chipping issues with any dark color on the 96 series?? When we tried using low lamps to avoid over curing it just wiped off but on high lamps it chips and you can scratch the ink off with your nails??

Is CET changing the formulation without giving us a heads up? Anyone have a solution for a good durable ink on the Gen5? The 60 series on the Gen 4 was amazing.

nate

We have been using the 96 series for about 5-6 months, we tried the 55 series but it was so hard that it was brittle and the edges cracked during cutting.
We have been ok with the 96 but over the last month or so we started having the chipping issues with any dark color on the 96 series?? When we tried using low lamps to avoid over curing it just wiped off but on high lamps it chips and you can scratch the ink off with your nails??

Is CET changing the formulation without giving us a heads up? Anyone have a solution for a good durable ink on the Gen5? The 60 series on the Gen 4 was amazing.

You ought to talk to Dave at vanguarddigital.com. He's the one who used to partially own and run CET and now has his own company. You can get the Vanguard Digital ink direct from him-- no reseller markup or anything. Plus he can help you with your question.

In Print

Hopeful!

Just got word that advantage will be making their own inks. I am hopeful that this may solve the problem??

In Print

Also...

Got word we may have been victim of a bad batch of 96 series - holding my breath we can get new ones from a different batch and that will solve things until we can get on a steady Advantage ink.

davecich

96 series

Its funny how rumors go..... Just spoke with 96 manufacture. There have been no complaints lodged, and no complaints at all about it to them. There is NO bad batch. I have one customer that is getting nozzle drop out, but I am not sure it has anything to d with the ink. I will update when I know.

Advantage does not have access to the OEM ink anymore. They will be trying to switch customers to generic 3rd party ink. Not good IMO. Call me and I will sell you the same ink you are currently using!

Dave

nate

Its funny how rumors go..... Just spoke with 96 manufacture. There have been no complaints lodged, and no complaints at all about it to them. There is NO bad batch. I have one customer that is getting nozzle drop out, but I am not sure it has anything to d with the ink. I will update when I know.

Advantage does not have access to the OEM ink anymore. They will be trying to switch customers to generic 3rd party ink. Not good IMO. Call me and I will sell you the same ink you are currently using!

Dave

We've been running Dave's ink on our CET Q Series ever since he started Vanguard Digital. I suggest anyone with a CET look in to it. Not only is it the same stuff, but it'll probably save you some $$$.

http://vanguarddigital.com/

In Print

Just reached out to Jim Case. Great to catch up with him. Hope to catch you sometime. I have a feeling that your team without the "original hindrances" and we will leave it at that - will go far!

ChrisN

I have not had problems with the 96 series ink. They did re-formulate the cyan & magenta ink back in October or November of last year to fix curing problems with light coverage, but that isn't the problem you're experiencing. And if it just started, I doubt the re-formulated inks are causing it.

So is Advantage still a CET dealer? Why wouldn't they be able to get OEM ink, then? Makes me glad we didn't buy our printer through Advantage...

We purchase all our ink through our dealer, and I bet they would cover your area too, if you need a source for your ink. BTW, CET just lowered their ink costs.

Brian27

we started having the chipping issues with any dark color on the 96 series?? When we tried using low lamps to avoid over curing it just wiped off but on high lamps it chips and you can scratch the ink off with your nails??

Have you considered adhesion promoter? I created an amazing concoction for our Oce that I could share with you.

Dionysus

CET ink

I had a printer that was at a show Q5-250H, and we pickled it for 2 months with ink removed and flush in the lines. When I went back on site the 96 was bad 7 months before the dates. True the ink was opened, but it went bad fast. if you run into issues you think may be related to ink, dump it, start new.

In Print

Have you considered adhesion promoter? I created an amazing concoction for our Oce that I could share with you.

Doesn't hurt to hear and try it. On that note - our material manufacturer is actually changing their process to include a step where the material is treated for adhesion. They sent us a sample roll and in preliminary testing looks better (got it in yesterday). We have also dialed back on the ink limits which is helping a little as well. Could it be because of the formulation change in october of the cyan and black that it was laying down a thicker layer? Had we been notified we would have been looking at that then.
After some trouble shooting and with the ink limits lowered... we are getting a better result but not perfect yet. we are going to try to tweak to see if we can get it done better.

On the same note as before - does anyone have a fixed dot profile for the 96 series on the CET gen5?
That would also help with a few other print concerns we are trying to clear up.

TIA

Brian27

Doesn't hurt to hear and try it.

TIA

The adhesion promoter is from Supply 55 and is AP3155. It works very well on both our Roland Flatbed and Oce. Problem is it's really expensive and really toxic & oily. So, I mixed it with another cleaner we have for reducing static which is from mpc 6428SP. I mix it 30:1 and it still works as well as the promoter does by itself but it's a fraction of the cost and doesn't leave an oil residue on the substrate.

It works so well, every Roland and Oce tech/sales person to come in here asks what the adhesion promoter mix is. It's the difference between being able to easily remove a print from plastic with a razor blade and having to sand it with 100 grit to remove it.

*results may vary. lol

Nate1n22

The adhesion promoter is from Supply 55 and is AP3155. It works very well on both our Roland Flatbed and Oce. Problem is it's really expensive and really toxic & oily. So, I mixed it with another cleaner we have for reducing static which is from mpc 6428SP. I mix it 30:1 and it still works as well as the promoter does by itself but it's a fraction of the cost and doesn't leave an oil residue on the substrate.

It works so well, every Roland and Oce tech/sales person to come in here asks what the adhesion promoter mix is. It's the difference between being able to easily remove a print from plastic with a razor blade and having to sand it with 100 grit to remove it.

*results may vary. lol
Might have to try this with Fuji's ZE680 adhesion promoter for acrylic. Usually it leaves nasty streaks on the acrylic. I have some of the Matthew's Cleaner, so I'll try mixing the two. Thanks for this.