• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET stopping mid-print

cmwpmm

When it rains, it pours. Last week my motherboard went down. I got that replaced and now I'm having another issue. So my CET randomly stops printing mid print. It gives me an error about the axis and the raster reader and I have to toss my material and start over. It's been happening just about everyday for the last month or so, but today it's occurred a good 20 times. I ran the diagnostic program and that seemed to be fixing it until now. Now as soon as the program starts, half way down the table it stops and throws out this error:

Raster reader has a fault or parameter of carriage's driver is incorrect-position value is abnormal[!=]

Anyone have a clue as to what I need to do? My engineer thinks I need to clean the encoder strip, but I hear thats a pain on CETs.

Thanks

cmwpmm

Well, we cleaned up the encoder strip today, and that has not solved our problem. I'm getting one full sheet printed to every five not. Anyone have any advice?

Rasz

I know this seems strange but same thing was happening with our CET. They had me remove top cover over carriage and first long cover in front of raster strip and it never did it again. Something about a wire that was too short?

Django

Sounds like it could be a damaged raster reader or strip. Inspect the strip for any damages or deep scratches. Inspect the reader as well. Make sure the wires on the reader are not exposed or damaged. You can run the printer without the raster strip over on.

cmwpmm

Well my onsite engineer is changing out the raster strip and reader tomorrow, but I tried what Rasz suggested and funny enough, I haven't had a problem since. Earlier this evening it was stopping on about every third board. I removed the covers, and it hasn't happened in the last 12!

Django

Sounds like the issue may be within the reader than. The wires maybe rubbing against the cover as it goes back and forth and one or all of the wires are shorting as it comes in contact.

RyanFelty

Well my onsite engineer is changing out the raster strip and reader tomorrow, but I tried what Rasz suggested and funny enough, I haven't had a problem since. Earlier this evening it was stopping on about every third board. I removed the covers, and it hasn't happened in the last 12!

I have all the covers off my CET and have had them off for atleast 2 years now. We had to move the encoder reader around a little to make sure it wasn't hitting the strip. Have had minimal problems since. Good Luck!

cmwpmm

Update

I should probably submit an update in case anyone else has the same issue. After taking the cover off, we printed for several days with no problems and assumed it was fixed. Then it started stopping mid-print again, so we replaced the raster strip and the raster reader and it worked. We are still receiving an error when running the diagnostic program, but a tech informed me that I should just ignore it, and so far things are great!

RyanFelty

Good to Hear! Yeah I don't know why the covers effect is so much but ever now and then I kinda move the reader up a little and make sure the strip is in the dead middle. Good to hear you're up and running.