• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CET x-press 500 - Negative Pressure pump

Eurodesign

Eurodesign
Hi there,
I need help to find out why the pressure not goes up to -3.5 after I replaced the negative pressure pump.
Is there a reset button I have to use? Also my printer has two pumps in the back. Does the printer actually need two attached. I thought the second one is only for back up.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 198

garytravis

I have a similar cet---only one back up pump----would be nice to have two..... if you need your negative pressure set higher--- once you replace
the main pump---make sure you set your negative pressure to zero (0) your manual should walk you through it ---best of luck

Django

Is that how the pumps are currently plumbed? If so, they are plumbed incorrectly. Your Manometer show you being in positive pressure. If you purge the heads, does the pressure go to the negative or will it rise towards the positive? What happens if you try to increase the pressure using the regulator? Does it go higher positive or into the negative value?

garytravis

After re-reading your post.... Django makes good points. Mine has two pumps also .... one is the MAIN, and the other the BACKUP pump. I just replaced my main...huge difference --- in the Manometer
You may still need to re-set your negative pressure (again - your manual should have a walk through---its not hard) and make sure your over flow ink tank is clear before you re-set.
Django makes a good point then to also watch to make sure you are set up in the negative pressure where you need to be. I run (with the new pump) right around -41 ----before the new pump, had to push up to almost 5-3 and still had issues.... now its running great..... hope we helped some

ChrisN

We have a newer version of this printer, but going by your pictures, it looks like the same thing applies to yours:

Since you have white ink, you have 4 negative pressure pumps. Two of them (usually the larger ones) are primary, and 2 are backup. There is 1 primary and 1 backup for color, and another set for white.

You have two clear tubes running up to the head - one for color and the other for white negative pressure. They both have a Y connector, which splits each one into two tubes. One of these two (split) tubes then connects to the intake of a primary pump, and the other connects to the intake of a backup pump.

Going by your picture, you have one tube, which splits, and then you have one of the split tubes connected to the intake, and the other to the exhaust of one pump. You should remove the tube from the exhaust port (up arrow) of the primary pump, and connect it to the intake (down arrow) of a backup pump.