• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET X press 500 - profile needed for Onyx

Eurodesign

Eurodesign
Hi there, we just got your new CET flatbed printer installed and run the Onyx software which came with the printer. We ran this software before on the Solara Gerber machine and the profiles worked fine on that machine. The CET print quality is perfect, just the onyx color profiles suck which came with the software for this machine. The colors look wased out and are not vibrand enough, esp. the Magenta. Using the generic cmyk profile gives the best but not the perfect results. The worst result is using the Coroplast profile. Is anybody out there who might be able to help? Or who experienced the same issue but could solve the problem somehow?

Any help appriciated. thx

Matt-Tastic

Hi there, we just got your new CET flatbed printer installed and run the Onyx software which came with the printer. We ran this software before on the Solara Gerber machine and the profiles worked fine on that machine. The CET print quality is perfect, just the onyx color profiles suck which came with the software for this machine. The colors look wased out and are not vibrand enough, esp. the Magenta. Using the generic cmyk profile gives the best but not the perfect results. The worst result is using the Coroplast profile. Is anybody out there who might be able to help? Or who experienced the same issue but could solve the problem somehow?

Any help appriciated. thx

Which Printhead? (Spectra or Ricoh)
Which Ink? (49, 50 or 60 series)
Which Colorset? (CMYK, CMYKW)

There are some profiles available that we've created. let me know which you are looking for, and i'll point you in the right direction.

Eurodesign

Eurodesign
CET Flatbed

Hi Matt,thanks for getting on this for us. We are using the 50 series (Part # of i.e. magenta CET-500-510-01) Single row Spectra Polaris print heads. CMYK (no white). I found out that there are some Profile downloads available on the flora website. thanks for your help

In Print

Not sure if this will help but we had issues as well as the profiles in Onyx Thrive (not sure if you are using that version) are crap. The techs at CET were great in helping us out and sending us some basic ones. Give them a call. If they can help they will.
(running a CET Xpress500 CMYKx2 with Ricoh heads)

Robert Gruner

Onyx PosterShop has used the JAWS RIP engine. Onyx Thrive is based on Adobe Technologies. I would imagine most canned color profiles were generated from Onyx ver 11 of less. The new Adobe based Thrive will require it's own color profiling.

Matt-Tastic

Hi Matt,thanks for getting on this for us. We are using the 50 series (Part # of i.e. magenta CET-500-510-01) Single row Spectra Polaris print heads. CMYK (no white). I found out that there are some Profile downloads available on the flora website. thanks for your help

The profiles below are for CMYKW, but you can lie to your CET and say it's got the 5th channel if you want to see if they are better.

https://www.advftp.net/#/PROFILES/CET/

If not, let me know, and I can see if there are other profiles out there. I think i've got some Spectra 50 series profiles lying about somewhere, but it's been a while since i've profiled one.

Eurodesign

Eurodesign
Cet

Matt, unfortunately I can't access the link as it requires a username and password. Btw I am running Onyx Production House 10.2.5.