• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-130 FX II cutting problem

mustafade

Hello everyone,

I printed 24 up 6"x1.7" on a digital vinyl on my JV33. The printed sheet is about 27"x 25". When it comes to die cutting(contour cut) them the CG-130 FX II is acting up, it cuts the first row perfectly, but as it goes on second row the cut moves upwards and as goes to third row little more and so on so forth.
I am not very familiar with cutting process to determine if it is the machine or the operator.
Can you guys and gals give me any pointers for troubleshooting or correct my error.
I have used both FineCut and Onyx Cut server and the result is the same therefore I am leaning towards the machine problem rather than myself.
Thanks in advance,

Esmae

I would check where the "eye" is when it's looking for the crop marks, chances are it's seeing something else i.e. part of the print or another crop mark further down the sheet,.

Good luck i hope this helps

mustafade

I would check where the "eye" is when it's looking for the crop marks, chances are it's seeing something else i.e. part of the print or another crop mark further down the sheet,.

Good luck i hope this helps
Failed to mention, it does this on any multi up rows. Regardless of the desing or artwork.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check in to it anyways.

Eco Grafix

I have the exact machine. Did you check in the setup to see if it was set for halfcut? If it is then the cut would be off.

Thanks,
Bryan

mustafade

I had my half cut on.!!!
That is a great tip. I did turn it off and I'll try some and keep ya'll updated with the result.
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:!!!!

ramstudios1

I'm having the same problem with my Mimaki CG-160fx and contour cutting. What is half cut and how do you check to see if it is on and how to change it? And change it to what? Thanks.