• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG 130 FX mark sensor problem

teddybier

Hello guys and gals,

Ive got a little problem with my Mimaki plotter, when i contour cut, the machine does not seem to measure the register marks correctly, and is off by about 1 centimeter. After going trough all the settings on the phone with a tech guy he thought there was something wrong with the detection unit, some sort of current difference between two detectors? Has anyone ever had this before and maybe knows a way how to fix this? The tech guys cant come real soon, and i'm getting backed up on orders.

Thanks a lot in advance:notworthy:

teddybier

At the moment im still working around this problem, but does anyone know a way to tell the plotter the precise distances between the crop marks?

iSign

I have the same plotter, but have never heard of that problem. I'm afraid I have no ideas to share, but wish you luck. Just replied to let you know people are out there reading your post & hopefully someone more knowledgable will have more to say.

RippinPC

Plotter adjustments

If you plotter starts plotting in the wrong spot, it is the # adjust photo sensor to fix. If it starts in the right spot but gets off as it moves along, the # adjust 400 mm square is probably out (could be some others too).

Chris Wallace
RippinPC@yahoo.com
:wavingflag:

kevinanthuis

400mm square cut procedure on Mimaki cv130fx

If you plotter starts plotting in the wrong spot, it is the # adjust photo sensor to fix. If it starts in the right spot but gets off as it moves along, the # adjust 400 mm square is probably out (could be some others too).

Chris Wallace
RippinPC@yahoo.com

Hey Chris,

Do you know the procedure to perform the 400mm Square test on the Cv130fx? when I print/ cut... the cut plot is off registration from the printed graphic. I have tried everything I know!

~kevin

speedmedia

Yeah the 400mm test worked for me when I had this problem. I cannot recall the actual steps off hand but I do have the sheet for it around here somewhere. If someone doesn't post it by tonight sometime I will see if I can scan it and put it up here.

If is a pretty simple adjustment feature that tuned me back in thanks to one of the great folks on this website.

Thanks,
Kurt

Three things to try:

1. Make sure that the Blade Holder is installed above the hard rubber strip, not the foam one (there is almost exactly a 10mm offset)

2. After selecting "MARK DETECTION" in Finecut (assuming that's what you're using), DO NOT hit the "EXIT DETECTION" button - Just click the "PLOT" button

3. Put your Register Marks on their own layer and turn them off just prior to hitting the "PLOT" button (see above). Sometimes cutting the register marks themselves can cause the plotter to offset everything by the same size as the marks.

Good luck!