• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-130FX cutting poorly

AnimalG82

I am having an issue with my cutter not cutting cleanly as of late and I'm not sure if its the blades or the cutter itself. I haven't changed anything as far as materials go or settings, but I have changed out blades in an effort to remedy this. I also have rotated the blade in different positions to see if that helps or not, but with no success. See pics for example. image1.jpg image.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What kind of material are you cutting? It looks like card stock. These machines are not built to cut card stock which might be your problem.

AnimalG82

I spaced putting that. I am printing on 10 mil vinyl, which is what I've been printing on for who knows how long. We have it set to where it scores the tags, and then they cleanly snap apart, but now getting this problem.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In that case, the blade is the first item I would change and make sure its the 60 degree blade. Also, check your cut strip. Does it have a deep groove going down the middle? Since you using the half cut feature, I would assume so. That could be causing the blade to bounce irregularly which may cause the torn edges. I'm not sure if the CG series has a special cut strip for the half cut feature but the CJV30 printer/cutter does. That is something you may want to look into.

AnimalG82

Replaced the cut strip and that took care of the issue. A real pain in the butt getting the adhesive out of the groove.