• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-130fx gone mad

eforer

Hi Gang,

We've owned a CG-130fx since new in 2005. In addition to it's normal duties, we often pen plot our installation templates. Recently, it started plotting everything skewed. It is not the material slipping, the x axis just advances while the carrige slides when it is not supposed, the problem gets exponentially worse over the course of the plot. The odd thing is the plotter closes all the paths, so it's as if it is doing it intentionally. Talked to Mimaki USA and they had us update the firmware, still happens. It doesn't happen everytime however, it's inconsistent.

Anyone else have a similar experience or a fix?

Thanks,
-Ed

ironchef

Mimaki still gives support on the cg fx series? I have one and its going nuts too, sometimes it wont connect points well, like a 0(zero) the inner or outerline wont connect. Also its started to change the space between sentences of letters. Like between each line, theres a half inch, and sometimes it leaves an inch here, and a quarter inch on the next line...anyone have any advise? Is there a firmware update available?

AnimalG82

My 130 just started this as well, it was working fine, then Thursday last week if began cutting progressively too deep in the print images. I am at a loss as what to do as well.

AnimalG82

I got mine fixed, all I had to do was tighten the belt. I took off the cover on the right hand side, which exposes the mother board and motor which the belt is attached. I loosened the 3 screws holding the motor and pulled it towards me just a little so it would put just a little more pressure on the belt and therefore tightening it. I then tightened the screws and replaced the cover and it now works fine. *NOTE* I did this with the machine off and the USB and power plug out for safety of the machine.

sha

Hi Gang,

We've owned a CG-130fx since new in 2005. In addition to it's normal duties, we often pen plot our installation templates. Recently, it started plotting everything skewed. It is not the material slipping, the x axis just advances while the carrige slides when it is not supposed, the problem gets exponentially worse over the course of the plot. The odd thing is the plotter closes all the paths, so it's as if it is doing it intentionally. Talked to Mimaki USA and they had us update the firmware, still happens. It doesn't happen everytime however, it's inconsistent.

Anyone else have a similar experience or a fix?

Thanks,
-Ed

Ask you Mimaki dealer to get you factory parameters for your serial number. Upload it to CG-FX it will solve your problem, if not your main PCB is gone.