• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-130SRIII pressure issues

datablitz

I have a 3 month old mimaki cutter and all of a sudden it takes almost twice the amount of pressure to cut my material properly. What used to take 30-35 pressure setting now needs 50-60. I have installed two different new blades, and the problem has not changed. Everything else on the machine looks normal. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure the black ring around the blade holder is under the tightening mechanism. It's a common first time user mistake. If the ring isn't under, the blade holder just starts to slip a little each time and will require more pressure.

datablitz

Make sure the black ring around the blade holder is under the tightening mechanism. It's a common first time user mistake. If the ring isn't under, the blade holder just starts to slip a little each time and will require more pressure.
Yes, I did make sure the ring was under the locking tab. I am beginning to suspect it is not going to be a common issue

L.D

Have you tried replacing the Blade holder? I had a customer with the same issue, we replaced the blade holder and it fixed the problem. When we took the old one out and shook it a bit the blade popped out.

Worth a try if it’s covered under warranty.

datablitz

Have you tried replacing the Blade holder? I had a customer with the same issue, we replaced the blade holder and it fixed the problem. When we took the old one out and shook it a bit the blade popped out.

Worth a try if it’s covered under warranty.
I have not tried that. The blade sits well in the holder, and I can not shake it out, but it's worth a try. Thank you