• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cg160 fx wont cut laminate

Aussie Mick

I have tried about four blades. I mean it will cut staight through the laminate and vinyl if you lightly cut manually with your hand.
Does not seem to matter what pressure or speed or blade out still wont cut.
Cut normal vinyl ok.
Wondering if there might be a problem with pressure sensor or and over ride in th machine somewhere.
Blade are genuine mimaki and clean cut - varios angles.
Started about a week ago,again seems to have enough pressure to cut 3m 50 series.
New Machine less than 6 months old.

Anyone got some idea's

iSign

any chance the blade holder is not properly loaded into the plotter?
Do you try any of the test cut features, as well as sending actual jobs? Are both methods producing the same result?

Graphics.Atl

I second isign. I used one of these for a couple months at a friend's shop and made that mistake when I was learning the equipment. The blade holder will fit above the area it is intended to and at first glance look correct.

Neil

Are you sending the pressure data from the software or setting it at the cutter?
There's a menu setting in the cutter to allow/disallow software commands, maybe that has been switched off?

Aussie Mick

all of the above.yes you can set it in the machine and or have the software send it. we do both. we have aspecific setting for laminated material pressure has been 80 all along.
when we set it in the cutter at 80 same thing wont cut.we needed about 190 to do anything. we keep trying the test cut programme but it just wont cut it uniformly,.
buggered if I know
anyone else might have a clue
Thanks

Aussie Mick

In the book it says to check if the blade is at it lowest position and does not slide up and down.
Question - how far is it supposed to slide up and down the small sliding rails.
say 5mm or is it more.

InProGuy

Have you checked the tool postion

There are two cutting positions on the cg160 that the blade holder will fit in. The forward position which cuts against a foam pad is used for the half-cut and pouncing. The rear which has the hard cutting surface is for pen plotting and normal cutting.