Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CG160FXII Main Board Failure

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by TheOwlGuy, Sep 16, 2020.

1. TheOwlGuy

TheOwlGuy New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Atlanta
    Well, not a week after my control panel came in for my new CG160FXII, my 7 year old FXII160 fails.

The USB stopped responding and on the RS232 it cuts, but a quarter inch short, ignores the panel settings and won't utilize the compensation settings. As if the encoders are being ignored.

Yes, I tried a different cable, tried to run it from a different workstation and everything. It only responds off the RS232.

I get a quote from Mimaki for $2800 as the board is obsolete and there is a new set of boards and ARM kit that must be installed. Basically my cutter is a total loss as they quote me $6000 for a new one.

Can I get the parts less than the thousands they are quoting? I can install and update the firmware myself.

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Get the code from the board and google away ;)

3. TheOwlGuy

TheOwlGuy New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Atlanta
    Now why didn't I think of that first before coming here?

4. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    I have no idea. But that will get you the (used) part for a lot less $$$$

5. TheOwlGuy

TheOwlGuy New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Atlanta
    There are none available in the US.

I figured there would be a dealer here with something available.

Google was the first thing I tried. Found piles of the PCB boards super cheap.