• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chainsaw Carved Logo

wildside

Although this is in the portfolio section, we did not actually make this.

We had a local chainsaw carving artist make this for us. It is 3ft tall, 5" thick, and weighs close to 100 lbs, solid oak - relief carved.

We think it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• DSC03655.JPG
    DSC03655.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC03656.JPG
    DSC03656.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC03657.JPG
    DSC03657.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 123

bobby123

Although this is in the portfolio section, we did not actually make this.

We had a local chainsaw carving artist make this for us. It is 3ft tall, 5" thick, and weighs close to 100 lbs, solid oak - relief carved.

We think it turned out pretty good.
How much did it cost?

wildside

i didn't watch him do this. He sets up at festivals and car shows and does live demonstrations and sells his stuff.

I have seen him carve a bald eagle in about 20 minutes using three different size chainsaws....

around the corner from our shop he carved a 15 ft tall eagle with its wings out, took the perfect tree but it worked out good, the home sold and the owner cut it off at the ground and took it with them :Big Laugh

Marlene

those guys with the chainsaws who do this are totally awesome. around here it was mostly bears until a few years back. now there is some really amazing work out there with a ton of detail that you just wonder how they pull it off with a tool like that.