• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chalk board menu?

68dodgeramman

I have a organization that needs a menu board and I remember seeing the chalkboard menus that have a great look. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that does this for the sign industry? Maybe one of the merchants? Thanks for any leads.

Don't know about chalkboard, but we've done a couple things similar.

We applied black vinyl to whatever backer (alum, MDO, customer's wall, whatever works best for customer), then apply a white-board laminate, and use the liquid chalk markers. That seems to work well. Could also just go with large piece of black acrylic and a frame.

I do know you can buy uncut sheets of chalkboard material, it's pretty widely available.

round man

first you can do a print for the header and or paint/vinyl permanent copy,..then you can buy chalkboard paint at lowes,home depot,wally werld etc,...do the job on mdo and collect the money

CentralSigns

There is a merchant member that sell art files for all the chalk boards. Might want to check them out they have all kinds of art files for every different business type. I think they have a deal on now for premium members.

Craig Sjoquist

Pat I like that Chalk art studios link looks useful since this is a new area I plan on working on Thank you I had not found it on my searches yet

petrosgraphics

we have done several chalk board menus... used mdo, prime and finish with chalk board
paint... oil base... use h/p vinyl for your headings and whatever else and away you go.....

put a stained pine frame around it to give it a better look......

Chalkster

Knomad Chalkart Studio
HI Guys

Saw your thread and thought I would jump in and introduce myself as Im the chalking one that draws most of our artwork which we sell on our chalkart studio website. The way you use the artwork is to print it out on matt adhesive vinyl and mount it onto the blackboard. It prints out with that hand drawn chalky look as all our artwork is hand drawn then shot at high res and then we take the artwork into photoshop and take out all the backgrounds so you can layer and combine different images to create your own design to suit your clients needs.
Its really :cool1: as we use it all the time in our Sign Shop. Check out some of the signs we have done here http://www.chalkartstudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71 and if you have any questions on how you can use it, let me know.

Cheers
Pete