Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chalkboard

Discussion in 'Materials' started by pointjockey, Dec 3, 2009.

1. pointjockey

pointjockey Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Does anyone know if there is a material that's very thin that can be written on like a chalkboard(actual chalk)? I'm looking for something to adhere to PVC A-Frames. I have a customer that wants 10 A-Frames and wants one side with chalkboard and the other to features digital prints. I need to use the cheap PVC Sign-cade units so I can meet her budget.

Tags:
  2. Team Valhalla

Team Valhalla Member

Sep 15, 2009
    U.S. of A.
    I know there's a paint out there that's made specifically for dry erase markers to be used on it.

SP

3. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Why not just use the chalkboard paint? I don't know if it will stick directly to the PVC but you could always paint something else and stick that to the frame.

4. RebeckaR

RebeckaR Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    utah
    You can buy chalkboard vinyl as well. I believe Signwarehouse carries it.

5. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    Chalkboard / Blackboard vinyl,, I use it a lot for menus' where prices change frequently and on "A" frames. It's thicker than normal vinyl so you may need to add a bit more downforce. You can also buy liquid chalk pens to write on it with.